Lt. Commander
# 1 New HUD UI
03-01-2011, 05:01 AM
Please please please give us a new HUD UI the existing one is so lame and amatuerish it looks out of place with the new Sector space and the awsome looking ships now.

Even let us customise it like most of th eother MMO's.... PLEASE.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2011, 05:46 AM
Can you show us what you have in mind for an improved UI?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2011, 05:48 PM
I've been asking for this for a long time. That, and make space combat feel like space combat, not like I'm flying a person through space with flashing lights. In other words, not like the ground combat/UI at all.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Be awesome if players could make their own UI's like WoW :/
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-05-2011, 03:47 AM
Opening up the game to ui addons/changes would from my limited understanding not only include a significant change on the coding side to allow but also on placing limitations on what assets those addons have access to. But if you look at it from the other end a great deal of star trek fans are very "technical" shall we say and I thought an open ui would've been an excellent thing.... however if you do not allow ui mods then everyone has pretty much the same options available. I personally thought that it was nowhere near finished when it was released or even now anyway... I mean you have only one faction really, the klingons only have about half (or less) the pve and ship costumes that the fed faction does. In hindsight it probably would've been better to concentrate on the space side first and release several factions at the get to and then release an expansion for the ground side. My best guess is that they received the assets that the previous company had when they picked up the project and were given a stringent deadline to meet given how long it was in devlopment for previously and had to release what I and probably feel is a half finished game at best... I dont know about you guys but I'm just going to let by subscription lapse and wait a few years and then come back. Here's to hoping that this mmo doesn't go the way of Tabula Rasa and end up in outer space also. speaking of which.... who else thinks launching information on human genetic material into space is about the most monumentially STUPID thing to do.... assuming there is other life out there....
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Would love to see a more LCARS looking HUD UI . I really dislike the one we have now. All ship powers are identical in color with sometimes only slight differences in the icons. I have often set off wrong powers at the wrong time because of this. It just looks very bland and boring..reminds me of UI's Ive seen in games ten years ago. Klingon side looks just as bad and for colorblind people like me..the darker colors are almost invisible. I really felt a huge disapointment when I first got the game and saw the UI, and that feeling has never left since.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-05-2011, 09:37 PM
the UI annoys me

the thing that annoys me most is the fact nothing correlates in terms of size

there almost aren't two elements in the whole thing with the same width or height

may not sound like much but that's naturally jarring to the human eye and bad interface design

it needs some work...

i'd be happy if they made most of the elements individually scalable and gave me a check box on an Option tab to toggle the individual parts on and off so for example i could hide the weapons box as well as still having 3 rows of buttons AND the "boff bar" (a trick you can do atm with console commands)
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-09-2011, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris114
Opening up the game to ui addons/changes would from my limited understanding not only include a significant change on the coding side to allow but also on placing limitations on what assets those addons have access to. But if you look at it from the other end a great deal of star trek fans are very "technical" shall we say and I thought an open ui would've been an excellent thing.... however if you do not allow ui mods then everyone has pretty much the same options available. I personally thought that it was nowhere near finished when it was released or even now anyway... I mean you have only one faction really, the klingons only have about half (or less) the pve and ship costumes that the fed faction does. In hindsight it probably would've been better to concentrate on the space side first and release several factions at the get to and then release an expansion for the ground side. My best guess is that they received the assets that the previous company had when they picked up the project and were given a stringent deadline to meet given how long it was in devlopment for previously and had to release what I and probably feel is a half finished game at best... I dont know about you guys but I'm just going to let by subscription lapse and wait a few years and then come back. Here's to hoping that this mmo doesn't go the way of Tabula Rasa and end up in outer space also. speaking of which.... who else thinks launching information on human genetic material into space is about the most monumentially STUPID thing to do.... assuming there is other life out there....
They actually made a point of saying, "We didn't really use any of Perpetual's assets." when the game was in development.