Soon I will be LG, so I would like to know a few things before I get there :
Im torn between the Varanus, Kar'Fi, Marauder or Garumba so Id like to know a few things about each.
- What sort of armarments work best in I wanted a combat oriented support vessel? I still want to provide ample su[port, but I want to be able to hold out on my own.
- Dual beams work well on the varanus?
- Again, what about the armerments here if I wanted to be able to deal damage effectively but have the ability to take punishment?
- How good are the Frigates? They as good as the Vo'Quv's birds of prey?
- Same as Kar'fi : what about the armerments here if I wanted to be able to deal damage effectively but have the ability to take punishment?
- How good is the support ability?
- How well does the marauder stand up to a Negh'Var in terms of tanking power?
- Is this ship worth it or would I be better off in a similar ship?
- Dual Heavies or Dual cannons?
Thanks so much for reading and hopefully replying!
Noone is answering because there is no "real" answer. Apart from Gurumba, which is more like a tactical vessel, all of these are viable for an engineer. Varanus is more like a science vessel - turns okay, but forget cannons, use beams.
Karfi is a squishier carrier. Both that and the Marauder can do okay, but neither has cloak, which makes them vulnerable. All of them (apart from Gurumba) can pretty much fill any support roles, depends on configuration. Read the Klingon section threads for ideas about configuration.