Lt. Commander
# 1 Cutting the Cord
03-05-2011, 11:34 AM
So, here's my shot at the last mission of the series...

I am trying to find the word in English that would be appropriate for it - my language has a perfect one, but alas, there seems to be no real equivalent.

I liked the initial space battle, but the ground part... well, it seems "too much content on too small a place". I can see why I play this mission without away team (pathing problems would prolly be insane on the catwalks). The city is beautiful, it feels fine, but... there seems to be way too much. First, there are the reman fighters (how did they get there? I was alone in the orbit - or did I miss some text window explaining it?). Then the orbital bombing (bugged for me, when I tried to press it nothing happened).
Then you got ships flying around which you can shoot. Then you got Hakeev sending virus on your ship. Then the gateway which you blow up. Then the big gateway that gets bombed - what's the point of that? Just a random huge gateway appearing for the sake of blowing it up? Then the space battle with Sela that feels like a mini-KA (which is a good thing) - how the hell did Sela get involved? If she's not with Tal Shiar, why does she attack our forces? And what the hell is "Iconian space probe"?
It's just... too much story content on one place, as if the story writers couldn't decide how to wrap it up. Each of the aforementioned elements also takes like 5 secs to solve. Giant Iconian gateway? Sure, let's call in an air strike, which btw doesnt kill you even when you stand literally IN the gateway itself. It just doesn't do credit to something as massive and epic as Iconian gateways.

Gameplay was pretty okay, but from this whole series I got mixed feelings. One mission was brilliant (the Coloseum), but those before that I really disliked, even though they have brought new mechanics, which is a great thing for the game overall.

This mission I'd rate 7/10 (if it weren't for the final space battle, it would be 5/10 tho), but the series... I don't know. 5/10 - which is a bit of a downer, because I really liked the Devidian series for example.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-05-2011, 11:54 AM
I was dissapointed that they blew the surprise and said on the calander it was a reman officer. The game play had no real storyline to it other than blow everything up (great if your a call of duty fan) Then it seemed to end abruptly. The next min we are going back to the vault for a trophy going back to the second episode.

I was just hoping for something more, such as storyline and better rewards to be honest. Boff is a nice idea, but dont we get enough of them when we level up already? It seems that you invest time, points and configuation of your ship, to then be given yet another boff to then replace something you spend time improving, only to get to the peak to then start all over again.

I was really impressed by the location in this episode. But that was it. Last weeks was amazing and jaw dropping with really amazing ship tech and effects. I agree with FarsightFrostwhisper in their post, but wouldnt rate it as high as that. Just felt for me like such an anti climax..

On a positive note, glad they are doing more voice work and cutscenes great step forward!!!...but for me...just left me feeling deflated..Ending felt like a real mess!
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
This mission I'd rate 7/10 (if it weren't for the final space battle, it would be 5/10 tho), but the series... I don't know. 5/10 - which is a bit of a downer, because I really liked the Devidian series for example.
really? did you play the same series i did? i thought it was awesome. 9/10 for me easily on the ep and the series as a whole.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
really? did you play the same series i did? i thought it was awesome. 9/10 for me easily on the ep and the series as a whole.
To each his own as they say - but yes I assume I did, unless Cryptic made content specifically for you to satisfy or for me to annoy
Lt. Commander
# 5 Awesome
03-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
I agree. It was SO AWESOME.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-05-2011, 05:58 PM
I have to disagree, the mission is buggy. I have 4 toons, 2 runs were fine. 3rd run the final enemy on the ground was super jumping behind the buildings, I was lucky he came out and died, My 4th run he died behind the building and was unable to finish it. This mission was not properly tested and to dstahl I expect a completion of this mission on my klingon character, I am not running this again due to lack of proper testing and not allowing me to super jump to the main enemy to complete the ground portion. You created the issue and you have to correct it by not having to run it again and again and again.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-06-2011, 12:10 AM
The ground part of Cutting the Cord was kick ace! There was a lot to do, and the map was large and complex. The rooftop and street levels made it feel like there were actually two speareate maps that allowed the team to split up and complete different objectives, yet could still intereact.

My only complaint is that Hakeev's death was rather anti-climactic. My team ad-libed by saying that he ****ed on Hakeev's face while he died. That make an otherwise dull ending to the villian rather comedic. I would like to see more ground maps like this one. Likewise, the fight with Sela was grand and exciting, but her abduction by the Iconians was also anit-climactic. I would have been much more satified if I could have taken her into custody.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-06-2011, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
My only complaint is that Hakeev's death was rather anti-climactic. My team ad-libed by saying that he ****ed on Hakeev's face while he died. That make an otherwise dull ending to the villian rather comedic.
In my run-through, his body wound up mostly in some rubble. I decided that it had fallen on him during the bombardment. Death by collateral damage.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbles1997 View Post
I agree. It was SO AWESOME.
Yeah possibly the best mission to date. just amazing!
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-06-2011, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
And what the hell is "Iconian space probe"?
Iconian space probe? Where? I only saw it tractor Sela's scimitar, then haul ass into the asteroid gate. I didn't know you could select it?