Lt. Commander
Or, I guess I should say the anti-cloak abilities are broken. The final battle with the dreadnought is very similar to that in Khitomer Accord. However, the abilities that normally disable cloak do not work in this mission. Charged particle burst does not disable her cloak (and I run version 3, fully specced into it on my sci toon.). Nor does eject warp plasma (again version 3 on my eng toon). I have not tried gravity well or tractor beam yet.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-08-2011, 01:38 AM
I think the Scorpion Fighters have a similar problem, it seems impossible to forcibly uncloak them.

I almost get the impression that the ship isn't actually on the map while it's cloaked, indicating that they are not using the real cloaking mechanics for it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Hmmm. I wonder if this has anything to do with the disconnect problems when fighting Donatra in KA.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-08-2011, 05:54 PM
They did have patch notes about changing tractor beam's effectiveness on the Scimitar, it might have affected the other abilities too.

I think its really annoying and stupid, honestly, because cloak detection/revealing is so useless in PVE, that it would be nice for it to come into its own in these Scimitar fights. If it makes it too easy, then good! Lots of other powers make other fights super easy.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Actually the Scimitar has been like this for a while even in the DSE's, I thought it was a special thing to the Scimitar since it appeared to be the only one at the time.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-08-2011, 09:21 PM
This isn't a bug or anything, it is done on purpose to make the fight challenging.

My fleetmates and I have faced Scimitars in B'Tran Elite a number of times, and once they cloak, there ain't nothin' you can do about it.