Lt. Commander
Here is part 4 of the triggers series. Please leave feedback!

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/sto...iggers-part-4/

For a full list of other tutorials, see:

http://starbaseugc.com/wiki/index.php/Tutorials
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-09-2011, 07:05 PM
The number of dots is tied to how many players are on your team. A larger team will have more dots.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-10-2011, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
The number of dots is tied to how many players are on your team. A larger team will have more dots.
Are you sure, Lev? Because if I put in Klingons with five dots, then five Klingons show. But If I put the Borg battleship in, one ship shows. It also seems like only one of those dots is the battleship too.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-10-2011, 08:37 AM
I think its based on your level actually. When you look at the Battleship option for any group, it scales from one battleship to a battleship plus cruisers and such, depending on your level and perhaps the slider difficulty setting.
The only problem is that it doesn't tell you which will be the main battleship so that you can name it specifically, like as a boss.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-10-2011, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBCouto View Post
I think its based on your level actually. When you look at the Battleship option for any group, it scales from one battleship to a battleship plus cruisers and such, depending on your level and perhaps the slider difficulty setting.
The only problem is that it doesn't tell you which will be the main battleship so that you can name it specifically, like as a boss.
Solution here is to move all but one of the other enemy dots off the map totally So that only one will spawn within the zone.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-10-2011, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razoreye2005 View Post
Solution here is to move all but one of the other enemy dots off the map totally So that only one will spawn within the zone.
But then you can't use it as a kill objective
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razoreye2005 View Post
While you could move them to another spot on the map, Cryptic no longer allows you to move the actors entirely off of the map. I believe that it works on play text, but not after publish.

Another issue is that the extra npcs, if moved to distant parts of the map, may jump to your location, especially if there is a kill objective.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-10-2011, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Are you sure, Lev? Because if I put in Klingons with five dots, then five Klingons show. But If I put the Borg battleship in, one ship shows. It also seems like only one of those dots is the battleship too.
That's because you get BOs to make up for missing players on the ground but not in space.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-10-2011, 08:48 AM
Kirkfat your tutorials rock. Thanks you for taking the time to do them. The only 2 I have suggested is one for enemy strength advsutment. (stupid swordmasters) and multiple respawn points in game progress.

Again thanks for the vids!
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Incidentally, can you still adjust positioning of individual enemies? Because I'd probably move the adds for that Borg encounter to spawn somewhere else.