Lt. Commander
Has anyone beaten the cure since the Patch or at least lately? Ive tried to run through it twice and have seen some of the tactics posted online and so far none have seemed to work. It seems by luck to make it through the first shield generator and most people I talk to seem to hit up against a brick wall on the 2nd shield generator with the 4 towers. I don't even want to think about the last one. I am at a lost on this one and not even sure if its doable. Anyone else having the same problems?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-15-2011, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkon
Has anyone beaten the cure since the Patch or at least lately? Ive tried to run through it twice and have seen some of the tactics posted online and so far none have seemed to work. It seems by luck to make it through the first shield generator and most people I talk to seem to hit up against a brick wall on the 2nd shield generator with the 4 towers. I don't even want to think about the last one. I am at a lost on this one and not even sure if its doable. Anyone else having the same problems?
Our PVE side of the fleet runs it daily with np. Not sure what part of it you are having issues with, can you be more specific.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-15-2011, 03:37 PM
Yes, we have run the Cure recently. We had two "new" folks on the run, used the 'aggro' method and just rocked through it. So, what are you having problems with? What method did you try, and what sort of team are you using (engies, tacs, sci) ?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-15-2011, 03:49 PM
the repop on the cure is stupid, yes if the nodes are up the mobs can respwn fine, the nodes are down the mobs should stay dead, let the workers make proto drones thats fine but a healer isnt jesus incarnate an cant be everywhere at once.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-17-2011, 01:09 PM
There are quite a few ways to beat the gates at cure. We usually go the steam roll method. If your team is having trouble killing the spawns then have a look at your skill trees. Your ground abilities are just as important as space abilities. What does your equipment look like? Have you done your dailys and have all your gear set for BOTH space and ground? Make sure your kit supports your skills trained and the mission at hand.

There are to numerous of ways to mention to fail cure, going in fully prepared is not one of them. Its easy to see who isn't. They are the ones always dieing, not being able to hold a transformer against even just workers. Weed these ppl out of your groups as fast as you can for your own good unless its a fleet run.

Use a voice chat system like teamspeak or vent. It's amazing on how many ppl dont use these easy to use programs. They allow you to assemble stratagy, coordinate attacks and call for help without typing.

Having someone that can hold transformer 1 from the beginning till end is invaluable. Being able to call to node 2 for help if needed and 1 helping 2 when no workers are at 1 help immensly. Trying to do so without voice chat is almost impossible.

Set yourself up to succeed and you just might.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-20-2011, 09:21 PM
Just did it again last night. If anything it's getting easier. The GROUND BOSS fight is too easy now. Took him down in 20 seconds.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-20-2011, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlis
There are quite a few ways to beat the gates at cure. We usually go the steam roll method. If your team is having trouble killing the spawns then have a look at your skill trees. Your ground abilities are just as important as space abilities. What does your equipment look like? Have you done your dailys and have all your gear set for BOTH space and ground? Make sure your kit supports your skills trained and the mission at hand.

There are to numerous of ways to mention to fail cure, going in fully prepared is not one of them. Its easy to see who isn't. They are the ones always dieing, not being able to hold a transformer against even just workers. Weed these ppl out of your groups as fast as you can for your own good unless its a fleet fun.

Use a voice chat system like teamspeak or vent. It's amazing on how many ppl dont use these easy to use programs. They allow you to assemble stratagy, coordinate attacks and call for help without typing.

Having someone that can hold transformer 1 from the beginning till end is invaluable. Being able to call to node 2 for help if needed and 1 helping 2 when no workers are at 1 help immensly. Trying to do so without voice chat is almost impossible.

Set yourself up to succeed and you just might.
What he said.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkon
Yes done it 3 days ago, worked fine.

the first 4 Transformer Shield is the hardest, it is the "Heartbreaker" or "Gate of Tears" as we call it in the Fleet. I have seen Fleets and Friendships break apart on this Gate. You do not need to be ashame of if you fail it sometimes. we do The Cure and all the STFs on a regular bases and we fail on that gate sometimes. No reason for agro this Gate it is designed to be hard.