Lt. Commander
# 1 New Captain's Log at Massively
03-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Another edition of Captain's Log is available for your reading pleasure. Head over to Massively to check it out!

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-18-2011, 09:35 PM
Thanks, Blue! I hope you all enjoy it
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-20-2011, 01:42 AM
I believe the linked article has some misinformation in it (unless there's some hidden mechanic I've never found on any of my 4 L51 chars...):

From the linked page: " In STO, every accolade you earn gives you a small boost to a particular stat, including DPS, strength, or armor, among others."

Is this true? I thought the only accolades that did stuff were ones that said they added a passive ability or something.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-20-2011, 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkball View Post

Is this true? I thought the only accolades that did stuff were ones that said they added a passive ability or something.
I think that's what they meant in the article, but just worded it strangely.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-20-2011, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkball View Post
I believe the linked article has some misinformation in it (unless there's some hidden mechanic I've never found on any of my 4 L51 chars...):

From the linked page: " In STO, every accolade you earn gives you a small boost to a particular stat, including DPS, strength, or armor, among others."

It is true to an extent. if you check under your passives it will show the passives you have gained from accolades. When you mouse over the new passive it tells you what it grants but also notes that the passive only applies in certain situations so they do not work all the time.

Hope that helps
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-20-2011, 04:14 PM
In fact... it looks like very few accolades add to your stats... only damage and kill accolades.

A far cry from the "every accolade" that the story talks about.