Lt. Commander
# 1 looking for fleet
03-18-2011, 04:47 PM
hello all i am a VA in game looking for a fleet.I would like to be able to do the fleet actions in game.I have bin trying to kill the CE but it seems that no one knows or cares on the right way to kill it.I will join the fleet that is able to kill the CE with me.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-18-2011, 06:34 PM
Hi Vicktore,

As I understand it the problem with CE is that it is many hours of boring work with little reward. This is why most people ignore it.

Check out 3rd Fleet as we are a large international fleet with lots of organised events and ad hoc teaming. I don't think I've seen a CE mission organised but if you put in a special request .... (Hey at least I'm being honest)

But if you decide to join us I think you'll find the fun quotient going up with plenty of STFs and other fleet events,
Lt. Commander
# 3 He is being Honest.
03-18-2011, 07:12 PM
There is a way to defeat the CE. I haven't done it but our fleet knows how. It takes coordinated effort. We've talked about an outing just to add to our, "been there done that" list for those that haven't. Big Dig and some others come to mind.

If getting teamed up and having fun are what you're after. Check us out. We are not hard core most the time but when teaming to help another or in an STF we do take the effort seriously. Then tease each other afterwards.

Look around our link below to get a sense of our larger community, and see Set Phasers to Sexytime in this thread. To meet the immediate one.

Have fun!
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-19-2011, 02:01 AM
I seriously recommend that if you want to find a good fleet look at the 528th, we are always looking for mature players and we are a very tight knit group. Goto http://528th.mmoguildsites.com/ and apply there, make sure you use your Character@User to make contacting you in game easier. We use vent and have tons of fun doing raids, pvp, pve, etc
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-19-2011, 03:58 AM
Point of order Raincrow - I didn't say it couldn't be done, just that the consensus seem to be that it isn't worth doing. There are lots of tips on this very forum about how it can be achieved.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Completly agree
03-19-2011, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reizor
Point of order Raincrow - I didn't say it couldn't be done, just that the consensus seem to be that it isn't worth doing. There are lots of tips on this very forum about how it can be achieved.
Absolutly concur. My apologies if I somehow came across as disagreeing. I did title the post, he is telling the truth, with a thumbs up.

I merely took the opportunity to share that our fleet has talked about setting up a run for those that want to do it. Though we haven't found enough interest in a few months. I have taken part a couple times with 1-3 teammates and PUGs and found it entirely frustrating. With 2-3 teams of coordinated folks, using the tips in these forums, it could be done.

But as you said, there are more rewarding ways to spend that time.

Have fun, Peace out
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Quote:
But as you said, there are more rewarding ways to spend that time
In which case we are in agreement. Challenge withdrawn.

Similarly, I cannot comment that [color=dodgerblue]3rd Fleet[/quote] was a CE event on their calendar - but what I can say is that of there is enough interest - an event will quickly be organised. Perhaps an opportunity for a joint fleet event?!
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-19-2011, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicktoreBeskor View Post
hello all i am a VA in game looking for a fleet.I would like to be able to do the fleet actions in game.I have bin trying to kill the CE but it seems that no one knows or cares on the right way to kill it.I will join the fleet that is able to kill the CE with me.
Hey Vicktore

There's been a lot of discussion in the past on our boards about the Crystalline Entity. From my own experience (I've been fortunate to be in a group who knew how to take it down and defeated it - some time ago now), the most major issue is the way people are randomly bundled together. Some know what to do and how to take it out, others are just firing all weapons, and that never gets the job done.
The {UFP} is greatly looking forward to the day when Fleet Actions such as the Crystalline Entity can be more organised, and fleets can set up their own instances - which I believe is coming in Season 4.

So while I cannot promise you'd get in and defeat the CE immediately upon joining, I think as soon as we can get a UFP task force properly assembled together without a bunch of random people who counter our attempts to defeat it; it'll be on our hit list.

For more information, feel free to visit www.ufplanets.com, or indeed contact me personally if you have any questions.

(Site will be down on Tuesday and Thursday for upgrades/maintenance, and a whole new website design package).

Kind Regards,
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-19-2011, 04:28 PM
thank you all for your kind responses.I have close to killing CE myself I know how to do it.While there is a slow down in content I am looking to do the fleet actions to fill in the time.
Lt. Commander
If you are still deciding on a fleet, The 48th Defense Fleet, The Warpigs would be happy to have you with us. We are a small but growing, laid back group of players who all love Star Trek and playing STO. We are primarily a PvE casual fleet that enjoys teaming up and working together whether it be a mission, a daily or an STF and have lots of fun doing it. We take pride in assisting newcomers to both STO and the Fleet learn the game and level in order to participate in and be successful at STFs which we organize on a weekly basis. We are constantly working on becoming better STO players, are always improving ourselves on our teamwork and cooperation but most importantly always making sure we are having a good time. We are currently discussing tackling CE and would enjoy having you part of it.

For more information about us, please see the FAQs on our website (you can click the link in my signature below). You can also visit our forums at http://www.warpigsmmo.com/. Any other questions please feel free to message me.