Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
As the Topic states. Even though the storyline suggests that Klingons and Federation are still at war, i think that it should still be allowed to make Gamma Orionis and Pelia "Special Sector Blocks" where Klingons and Federation can join Forces on STFs.

In my opionion this would be having 2 major advantages:

1. It would be easier to form STF Teams, especially for Klingons. I know how depressing it can be spamming for a STF group at gamma.
2. It would move federation players to reconsider their attitude towards klingons, after seeing some cool Klingon Ship Feats/Klingon Ground Feats. (mutual understanding and stuff..)

I am sure that setting up these rules would involve certain complications, but i urge the devs to consider this option.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-20-2011, 04:06 AM
Not only that, I would like to see it be possible to team up to tackle "Crystaline Catastrophy", "The Big Dig", and "Save the Whales fluidic space" Fleet actions. It is darn near impossible to get enough players in any of the Klingon fleet actions, at least with those, the Klinks and the Feds are not fighting each other. In the spirit of STFs, those mission objectives could be completed by the two factions working together.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-20-2011, 06:20 PM
make it so
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-21-2011, 08:20 AM
Considering in Cure, we are *helping* the Klinks out, and (if you do it right) even get them to fight on our side with us -- YES.

Please let the ridge-heads get together with the Fed side on these missions !!
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-22-2011, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
Not only that, I would like to see it be possible to team up to tackle "Crystaline Catastrophy", "The Big Dig", and "Save the Whales fluidic space" Fleet actions. It is darn near impossible to get enough players in any of the Klingon fleet actions, at least with those, the Klinks and the Feds are not fighting each other. In the spirit of STFs, those mission objectives could be completed by the two factions working together.
KDF and Feds can fight side-by-side in the Undine "Save the Whales" Fleet Action. Just can't join a team together.

Now that the Psi Velorum sector block is open to KDF, I'd imagine that "The Big Dig" Fleet Action could be re-worked to behave similarly; but that'd probably be last on a long list of "wouldn't it be nice" things to do.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-25-2011, 11:40 AM
All they'd need to do is re-enable crossfaction teaming. It was actually possible durring the mid stages of closed beta, but was disabled due to griefing. . .

And, most importantly, add a PvP Flag system. While in a mixed faction team PvP would be disabled.

This would also be a good first step towards implementing a system for open world pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Surprised that no one said that this topic has been asked for many times over and that the biggest issue is that the game would have to change at its core. Making this a huge task and one that probably won't happen any time soon.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-21-2011, 11:04 AM
I'm saing it now: That has been suggestet 1000 times. We keep asking for that since... well since infectet went live on tribel.
And that "the basic game mechanic would have to be changed.... it is impossible" excuse we heared 1000 times for a lot of thing wich are possible now. Like ship seperation or smaller doors. And I dont see a reason why that should be so hard, we can be on the same side in PVP or, caused by bug, in Kerrat. Just not in the same team.

The only reason is that klingons suffer most from that issue and the devs do not really care about klingons (although I admit the "Klingon situation" has improoved during the last month, so there IS a little hope...)
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-22-2011, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
"the basic game mechanic would have to be changed.... it is impossible"
I have hard times to believe that. As a software developer myself, I can probably tell that altering core game mechanics might take up more time and effort than the final visible effects (well aware that any company is limited by it's resources avaible). And because this is rather a feature than a major bug, it woud be more effiecient to spend his time on other, "easier-to-realize" stuff.

However, since we are not Borg I still urge Cryptics to put this feature to its high-priority list. People would easily get bored with new missions and new Ships after (maybe a week?) but this would truely improve overall game experience on a long term for players, who have archived the maximum ranking ingame.
In addition, this feature would add another unique, "out of the World Of ******** style" improvement to STO.

The fact that there are repetitive requests to implent Cross-Faction-Teams only proves that there are more people who do care for this feature.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-22-2011, 01:02 AM
/signed

Hope you guys can give this some serious thought, (and hopeflully a featured episode or two with this setup).

Just my 2 cents,
G.