Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Is there any chance of having different ranks on the Wrath of Khan uniforms as well as the Captain's bar that is the only option that I can see. I would also like to see theversion of that uniform without the turtleneck collar. I'm not entirely sure if this is the correct forum to ask for these ideas to be considered by Cryptic, or not, but here they are anyways!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Ranks are on the jacket cuff.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-21-2011, 12:42 PM
Are you sure? I could only see the one on the right shoulder, which seems to be the Captain one.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-21-2011, 01:58 PM
It's both. The main place for rank insignia is on the right shoulder. On the left sleeve was a bar- with different colors for different divisions, matching the sweater- for service pips that denoted how long the wearer been in Starfleet. Just above that was a rank insignia. The STO TWOK uniform has a Captain's insignia on the right shoulder, that can't be changed, and has the division colored bar on the left sleeve-but no service pips or rank insignia.
I've seen maybe a dozen threads griping about it. IMHO they should fix it or remove it entirely. But, I've read the won't be changing it anytime soon, if at all. I forget the details why.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tygerpaw View Post
Ranking system is on the right shoulder strap. The t shaped cross meaning admiral, we all are wearing captai, etc etc...The ranking itself is in two parts and was derived from a nautical uniform (alot of nautical themes in TWOK...the dvd says so...in the extras...but I am rambling so onward) whereby the years of service and special badges are placed on the left sleeve. There are other badges that go in different locations, but you can plainly state to the layman that the ranks are on the right shoulder and people will understand or should undertsand what you mean. Not meaning to bring ye down there dude, just pointing out an inaccuracy.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Do you think there's any chance they could give us different ranks for that jacket other than Captain? As well, I would love to see them have the collar-less version as well, a la Jack Crusher in TNG. That would be cool! Who would I suggest these things to? Please let me know. Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-24-2011, 07:25 AM
Quote:
There may be rank on the sleeves, however, there are enlisted ranks as well as officer, and the ones for WoK Uniforms go on the right shoulder. Besides the rank that is displayed on the cuff is for years of service in Starfleet.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-24-2011, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmdr_Funke View Post
There may be rank on the sleeves, however, there are enlisted ranks as well as officer, and the ones for WoK Uniforms go on the right shoulder. Besides the rank that is displayed on the cuff is for years of service in Starfleet.
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Starfleet_rank
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-24-2011, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Hehe, I read WoK, but my silly brain registered TMP in the OP. Sorry! Yeah its on the shoulder, the cuffs are years of service and awards.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-03-2011, 10:21 PM
The thing to remember is that the TWoK uniform we have now was only supposed to be a promotional giveaway with the TOS Blu-Rays. I think that's why what we have now seems so half-a$$ed. I expect that before too long a bundle pack with many of the numerous TWoK uniforms and variants will pop up on the c-store. That's one c-store item I'll grab up pretty quick.