Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Please this thread is only for constructive feedback from the PVP community. I will ask politely not to post in this thread if you are not adding to or purposing a new idea due to PVP. I ask the moderatorsí to please not shut thread down due to trolling, but to warn the culpritsí. Please if you read a post that you disagree with state why and what you may suggest to fix it and thatís it donít go on and on feuding with one another. That you a good luck.
Lt. Commander
# 2 original post
03-23-2011, 01:34 AM
Kerírat some of us love it and some of the pve people donít so they want to nuke it, well just kill the Borg or leave them who cares I know I donít. Take the nodes and hulks out what a boring farmer infested nightmare anyhow. Smack a cut and past base or spread them out a few bases small med you got tons of them. There the ones in the boring grind kill five of this missions use those and use Kerírat. If one side hold space and ground they capture that base. Now the base has to sell something that you can only get there other wise thereís no reason to take it.Ŗ(thatís how you get pve people to start playing pvp Now if one side takes all letís say three bases in Kerírat they take the system and that unlocks another object that can only be gotten that way.(no c-storing it or giving it away in any other way that would kill it.)

You have to limit it looks like a 15 man map as it is now if you can up that o well. But hope you can to at less 30 15 fed 15 klingons no launch just open.

Read on if you can

Now the way I see it is the Borg already there they said what the heck let take these nodes and hulks apart and build some bases. One med in the middle of the system one maybe on some floating rock one a small one to protect the transwarp gate that they warp out of every time the map resets. Now at the open of the map the Borg control all the bases and the gate that can be shut down. See you have to come in shut the gate down and take control of the map. Later on if the other side make a break and reactivate the gate the Borg will come back in and thus creating a mix it up and retake the system. This can go on and on endless content. The bases sell unique objects because the Borg built the bases and the feds and klingon will kill for that technology. (just as they do in Kerírat ).
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-23-2011, 04:35 AM
Forgive me for being lazy and not reposting the contents of t hese threads:
Player Rankings and Leaderboards Ideas: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=207521
Nuking Ker'rat in a good way: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=202599

I agree that any War Zone needs a "PvE" objective like particular vendors or loot options to motivate going there.

I like your Ker'rat proposal as well - wrestling control from the Borg, wrestling control from the other faction or defeding your control...
Lt. Commander
# 4 Well
03-23-2011, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Forgive me for being lazy and not reposting the contents of t hese threads:
Player Rankings and Leaderboards Ideas: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=207521
Nuking Ker'rat in a good way: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=202599

I agree that any War Zone needs a "PvE" objective like particular vendors or loot options to motivate going there.

I like your Ker'rat proposal as well - wrestling control from the Borg, wrestling control from the other faction or defeding your control...
Well my idea was to give both sides a chance because each of three bases sell a unique object, but the key it that the feds can control one and get that object well at the same time the klingons or the other factions as they come can control another and get that object. Well your faction controls a base you can re-supply a prepare for the take over of the other bases. Having the Borg there is more of a distraction and method for take over.

But as I have read responses to my post I see some want a PvEPvP part for emblems. So I purpose make it a option to choose PvE map or the PvP map now the PvE map will be just Fed/or Klingon Vs. the Borg. Upon take over you get your emblems for completion of the map. NOW very important the PvP map must give unique objectsí that the PvE map doesnít or in will not have any incentive for new PVPers to get into PVP.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-23-2011, 05:54 AM
I don't really think there needs to be a PvE only version of Ker'rat. It really gives too much incentive to not do the PvP version. Now, I could see an argument for having Daily, Emblem-granting missions involving Borg. But Ker'rat doesn't need to be it.
Lt. Commander
# 6 True
03-23-2011, 08:53 AM
Quote:
I don't really think there needs to be a PvE only version of Ker'rat. It really gives too much incentive to not do the PvP version. Now, I could see an argument for having Daily, Emblem-granting missions involving Borg. But Ker'rat doesn't need to be it.
That why I suggested that the Emblem be for the PVE map and the objects be for the PVP.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-23-2011, 06:21 AM
I would like to see something done to the following two things as they probably irritate me more then anything right now.

#1: I really, really, really, REALLY wish that something would be done about AFK emblem grinders in PvP. If you look at it from a player perspective, you usually spend 5-10 minutes waiting for the queue to pop then another 2 minutes for it to actually put you in the match. Then you get into the match and find that 2-3 people are just sitting at the spawn point putting your team at a huge disadvantage, and they get the same credit for the PvP that you do even though all they did was drink some tea, eat a sammich, and/or go and smoke a cigarette. It really sucks.....

#2: Someone had written a thread on this idea/topic in this forum not to long ago. I would really like to see the ability to earn more emblems from PvP besides the ones that you get for doing the Arena/CnH/War Zone dailies. Even if it was a miniscule amount like 1 emblem for every 3 or 5 Arenas/CnHs. Also maybe giving us all the PvP dailies everyday instead of just one. Would most likely increase the number of people that would queue up if you could earn more emblems from it.

Unfortunatly a problem with my number 2 topic is that it would probably increase the number of AFK PvPers that are in matches so something would have to be done about that first.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-23-2011, 06:32 AM
Quote:
I would like to see something done to the following two things as they probably irritate me more then anything right now.

#1: I really, really, really, REALLY wish that something would be done about AFK emblem grinders in PvP. If you look at it from a player perspective, you usually spend 5-10 minutes waiting for the queue to pop then another 2 minutes for it to actually put you in the match. Then you get into the match and find that 2-3 people are just sitting at the spawn point putting your team at a huge disadvantage, and they get the same credit for the PvP that you do even though all they did was drink some tea, eat a sammich, and/or go and smoke a cigarette. It really sucks.....

#2: Someone had written a thread on this idea/topic in this forum not to long ago. I would really like to see the ability to earn more emblems from PvP besides the ones that you get for doing the Arena/CnH/War Zone dailies. Even if it was a miniscule amount like 1 emblem for every 3 or 5 Arenas/CnHs. Also maybe giving us all the PvP dailies everyday instead of just one. Would most likely increase the number of people that would queue up if you could earn more emblems from it.

Unfortunatly a problem with my number 2 topic is that it would probably increase the number of AFK PvPers that are in matches so something would have to be done about that first.
Goal Oriented Emblem Grind.
  1. Emblems for winning Space PvP Matches
  2. Emblems for winning GroundPvP Matches
  3. Emblems for 50 Kills (maybe distinguish War Zones and Space)
  4. Emblems for 2,000,000 Healing in Space PvP matches
  5. Emblems for 50,000 Damage in Ground PvP matches
  6. Emblems for 2,000,000 Healing in Space PvP matches
  7. Emblems for 50,000 Damage in Ground PvP matches
Giving out Emblems specifically for ground will also help fill the ground queues again. People hunting for their 500 Emblem Tier 5 ship need everything they can get.

Nothing mutually exclusive.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-23-2011, 07:39 AM
Quote:
  5. Emblems for 2,000,000 Damage in Ground PvP matches
  7. Emblems for 2,000,000 Damage in Ground PvP matches
Giving out Emblems specifically for ground will also help fill the ground queues again. People hunting for their 500 Emblem Tier 5 ship need everything they can get.

This is a good idea. For people who are spending a lot of time playing the game, and want to do nothing but PvP, it's sad that there is effectively no reward in emblems parallel to what those doing PvE content for the same time will get. The game should provide equal rewards for equal time spent actively playing, regardless of what you like to do. Another good step would be making all of the exact same Mk XI gear available through either emblems or crafting; so people can do PvE, PvP, or farm and craft to get the same gear they need.

The suggestion of forcing PvE cannon fodder into PvP zones to get certain must-have gear is not constructive. That's just forcing other players to do something you think they "should" do, or to provide amusement for you. You should be able to get the same rewards you can get from PvE play from also doing just PvP for an equivalent amount of time. But there should never be unique, must-have rewards that you can only get in one way. The game should not force you to PvP for some things and PvE for others and crafting for yet others. It should allow you to get all of the things you need by doing any of the categories of content; so you can choose to do what you like. The rewards are given for spending your time playing the game, and you should be able to spend that time doing whatever you like doing most at the time, whether it's one thing all the time, or different things at different times. If you force people to PvP just to go shopping, I can promise there will be /ragequit sign on the forums the likes of which even god has never seen.

The STF rewards and emblem gear are the main things that you can only get from PvE content now, and the emblems thing can be easily fixed just by putting some rewards and new dailies in place. The one problem that you always run into with PvP rewards is that players can collude to farm them, unless the system prevents that. It's not clear how a PvP equivalent of the STF content would work, or how it would be made unfarmable; but if it could be done, it would be great to have a PvP campaign alternative for getting all of that stuff as well.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-23-2011, 09:19 PM
Quote:
  5. Emblems for 2,000,000 Damage in Ground PvP matches
  7. Emblems for 2,000,000 Damage in Ground PvP matches

I'd suggest changing the ground damage and healing values to reflect the damage and healing ground characters are more realistic to be able to accomplish.