Lt. Commander
Hi All

New Rear Admiral (lower half) and I was wondering what level do you start getting Borg missions.

I was assuming this level but maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks in advance
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-23-2011, 10:48 AM
Rear Admiral Lower Half 3 (level 43) I believe.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-23-2011, 10:50 AM
RA 5 (lower half) for Infected, Cure, etc.

But you can enter borg space at RA 3. Contact Admiral Quinn, and he will give you the mission to go through the warp gate.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Thanks
03-23-2011, 10:59 AM
Good to know,

I'm at RA 1 right now, looks like I'm running daily's and exploring until Ra 3

Thanks again
Lt. Commander
# 5 Another question
03-23-2011, 11:20 AM
I mostly solo, is it possible to get some decent gear from the Borg missions?

I'm never on for very long so it's hard for me to be involved in a fleet.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-23-2011, 12:49 PM
basically at 43 (assuming your a fed) you get a defend sector mission, and 3 normal borg story missions.

the task forces are at 45, but these are hard missions designed for 5 players. 2 open up straight away and two more will open on completion of the relevant mission in the chain

a couple more single player missions open at 45, then once you complete one of them another couple in the chain will open up.

all in all there are 7 single player missions and 4 team missions, a defend sector block mission, a fleet action and an exploration cluster like what you have around the other sectors.

one of the foundry missions that was copied over is also located in that area. if you dont mind UGC content then i recommend giving it a go as its a fun player made mission.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-23-2011, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGerg
I mostly solo, is it possible to get some decent gear from the Borg missions?

I'm never on for very long so it's hard for me to be involved in a fleet.

Thanks
The STFs (Infected, Cure, and Khitomer Accord) will give you the borg engines (which allow warp 14 in sector space), deflector, and shields as rewards. These are the gear that gives the ships the borg "look", and they are part of a set with bonuses if you equip more than 1 piece of the set (like the Aegis craftable set). These are 5-man missions, and you can find plenty of threads here on the forums with info on them.

One piece of the set is obtained from a "regular" borg mission which can be solo'd, called "Assimilation" I think. It's a universal console, and I highly recommend getting it the first chance you get.

The rest of the solo borg and undine missions give you standard rewards like other missions you have had.
Lt. Commander
# 8 Thanks
03-23-2011, 01:54 PM
I appreciate the advice.

Thanks again
Lt. Commander
# 9 One more question
03-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
The STFs (Infected, Cure, and Khitomer Accord) will give you the borg engines (which allow warp 14 in sector space), deflector, and shields as rewards. These are the gear that gives the ships the borg "look", and they are part of a set with bonuses if you equip more than 1 piece of the set (like the Aegis craftable set). These are 5-man missions, and you can find plenty of threads here on the forums with info on them.

One piece of the set is obtained from a "regular" borg mission which can be solo'd, called "Assimilation" I think. It's a universal console, and I highly recommend getting it the first chance you get.

The rest of the solo borg and undine missions give you standard rewards like other missions you have had.
So the "Aegis set" that I've read about is a craftable set.

Do most players take up crafting, Honestly I haven't played much with it.

Thanks