Lt. Commander
# 1 V'Ger
03-24-2011, 11:53 AM
V'Ger?

Just a test to see if that script of DStahl's is working right

But seriously... this would be pretty awesome to see in-game, but how would they do it?
As far as I remember after the events of TMP it just went off into Deep Space and then (if you follow the story in the hidden features of Legacy) became the Borg 'Mothership'... which could be an interesting story to develop, remember the Drydock from that episode of ENT (the one that was destroyed then began fixing it's self)? Methinks you have a Featured Series in the making if you find some amazing way to link it all in
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-24-2011, 12:01 PM
There's no way to incorporate the masive spaceship V'Ger into the game since it was destroyed to create the new lifeform that Decker and Ilia became. That new lifeform would be the only thing that could be included. There couldn't be another ship like V'Ger out there since it must have taken a lot of resources to create the first one
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksterbro View Post
There's no way to incorporate the masive spaceship V'Ger into the game since it was destroyed to create the new lifeform that Decker and Ilia became. That new lifeform would be the only thing that could be included. There couldn't be another ship like V'Ger out there since it must have taken a lot of resources to create the first one
then what about a V'ger Jr.?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Or V'Ger 2: The V'Gering
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-24-2011, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altexist View Post
then what about a V'ger Jr.?
I'm betting the first one took so much resources to build that another one was just too costly to create, that thing was massive after all, it dwarfed the Enterprise
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-24-2011, 12:05 PM
While V'Gyr itself probably won't show up, it's background could be used to explore how such a simple Earth probe became such a powerful entity.

Too bad Cryptic doesn't have the license to use the Transformers.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-24-2011, 12:07 PM
Imagine if you will....an entire space map that is v'ger.....and entire ground map....that is v'ger....behold the frightening scope of the borg...trying to assimilate v'ger
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-24-2011, 12:09 PM
It would be cool if you could fly by the full sized V'ger ship though. I imagine thats a game designers nightmare though.

I still want some stellar phenomena other than asteroids. I'd love to PVP around a black hole.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-24-2011, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corban_Lewis
It would be cool if you could fly by the full sized V'ger ship though. I imagine thats a game designers nightmare though.
Why would it? They made the Vault, which is supposed to be the size of a small moon, at least according to in game dialogue.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-24-2011, 12:14 PM
I thought Delta Volanis was actually warping us inside of v'ger, it's all cloudy....