Lt. Commander
Looks incredibly cheap and weird; also completely out of place. Given we're paying for this thing, can't we get some art at least as nice looking as the old in-game mission reward ones?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
Looks incredibly cheap and weird; also completely out of place. Given we're paying for this thing, can't we get some art at least as nice looking as the old in-game mission reward ones?
...because you can still get that one?

Plus, there were several different versions of the Type-2 Phaser - the most prominent being the 'blue body, black handle' version (the mission reward one) and the 'black body', white handle' one (the new C-Store one).

A photo of replicas of both versions, for comparison's sake

So yeah, it's really cool that we've actually got cosmetic variants of the Type-2. Honestly, it's the one faultless thing in this new C-Store pack, and I hope we get more items like it in future.

(...such as all the other different phaser styles - TMP, TNG, TUC, DS9, VOY, NEM, etc.! )
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-25-2011, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Shepherd
...because you can still get that one?
So put the ugly art on that one. If I'm paying $20 for a "bundle" that includes a new one, I expect it to be the prettier one.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-25-2011, 01:09 PM
Quote:
So put the ugly art on that one. If I'm paying $20 for a "bundle" that includes a new one, I expect it to be the prettier one.
Give the "ugly" one to a boff you don't like :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-25-2011, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman653 View Post
Give the "ugly" one to a boff you don't like :p
You can get as many as you want, actually, so I'd like to give em to all my BOFFs. I just want them to look like real phasers and not paper mache toys.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Is this the part where I point out that 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder'?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-25-2011, 01:29 PM
Quote:
You can get as many as you want, actually, so I'd like to give em to all my BOFFs. I just want them to look like real phasers and not paper mache toys.
I don't see what the problem is with the look - it's exactly the same model, but with colours from the other main variant from the shows.

Unless, of course, you think the prop from the shows looks like papier maché, in which case 'your mileage may vary'...

Besides, if you bought the entire TOS pack, the phaser's a VERY small part of it.

IMO, the new phaser's possibly the only thing I truly LIKE out of the new stuff - all the other bits are really, really flawed.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-25-2011, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Prettier lol made me laugh i love it

this is a war game, that is the first time I've seen a comment ask for pretty looking weapons to kill people with. Your playing the wrong game, my daughter has one you might like, forget what its called but it has a lot of pretty items in it.

Also, did one of the Cryptic team come over to your house, put a gun to your head until you purchased it? It is an "offer" like any other in the world. You don't need to like it, you don't need to buy it and you certainly don't need to complain about it unless you did buy it and then your complaint has to be about something not in the offer.

Cryptic are doing great right now. I'm impressed.

Most changes are spot on, most items are a step in the right direction and most c-store offers don't come with the limit time extras this one is giving.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-25-2011, 03:55 PM
i think this link will remove all the confusion

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/wp-con...checklist1.jpg