Lt. Commander
# 1 2409 C-Store Bundle
03-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Ok, I have to say I love TOS (I grew up watching it in the early 1970's). And I appreciate the fact the devs made it so we can relive that environment inside our ships and out with the new TOS bundle pack on the C-Store.

What I'd really like to see is a 2409 C-Store Bundle of NEW material: New Uniforms, New Bridges, New Shuttles, New Weapons that Scale Up with Character Progression!

How about you?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-25-2011, 05:45 PM
That could be interesting. Granted any new uniforms they make for the 25th Century aren't almost entirely leather, I'd love to see some new designs.

A 29th Century uniform pack would be nice too. Would be even nicer if they added the 29th Century time ships, Aeon and Relativity too.

Lt. Commander
# 3
03-25-2011, 05:47 PM
Isnt the whole Jupiter Set Up going to be in game?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-25-2011, 05:52 PM
THIS is what I'm talking about! More stuff from the proper timeline! Stop the past-crap. People paid for this game KNOWING it was set in the future, so let's stop pandering to them and make them grow up! Give them what they paid for, not what they keep crying about.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-25-2011, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulif_Davis
THIS is what I'm talking about! More stuff from the proper timeline! Stop the past-crap. People paid for this game KNOWING it was set in the future, so let's stop pandering to them and make them grow up! Give them what they paid for, not what they keep crying about.
Why are you so desperate to kill this game?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-25-2011, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
LOL, I wonder if the Old Republic has to deal with these problems. (note, I'm not discussing it really, just a moment of sarcasm. Don't want to promote have no desire to play it.)
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-25-2011, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
It won't kill the game. The game will do just as well without all the old tech that doesn't belong in this time period.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
That could be interesting. Granted any new uniforms they make for the 25th Century aren't almost entirely leather, I'd love to see some new designs.

^ This.

For the most part, I just don't feel the 25th Century stuff that Cryptic has made. Too Leathery. Makes me think of anything but Star Trek.

One of the most common themes in Trek Uniforms (if you discount the TWOK Maroon Uniform) is that they had a look of common uniforms. Something you'd wear every day and feel comfortable in, like Army fatigues.

The 25th Century stuff tends to look more like a Dress Uniform, and for the most part, not at all comfortable.

This is why I was stoked to see the AGT uniforms get put into the game. It makes for a semi-canon uniform for myself and my officers, and it actually looks like it would be reasonably comfortable and something you'd wear daily.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Quote:

A 29th Century uniform pack would be nice too. Would be even nicer if they added the 29th Century time ships, Aeon and Relativity too.

Yep I agree Blackavaar. What might be interesting is a set of uniforms that would be the precursors of these 29th c. ones.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-27-2011, 05:45 AM
Quote:

I would LOVE to be able to fly a Wells-class Federation timeship! Some new phased chroniton weaponry and a new ability for the ship (balanced, of course).

It would be nice to have a "Time Jump" feature where, say if you're in a battle and someone is on your tail and has you in perfect firing position where you are unable to hit them, or perhaps when you were seriously damaged, a Wells class can "blink out" and appear maybe 15-20k clicks out from your previous position, with a timed cooldown.

You find a spot in time just before or after your current conflict where no one is there, and time warp there. Then you travel the 15-20k clicks away and time warp back to the moment just after you left.

Oh man... chills.