Lt. Commander
Me and my fleet buddies love doing the STF's and since we're not gonna get any new ones from the devs anytime soon, could they be done the foundry? I have no desire to make any foundry missions as i simply don't have the patience for that (maybe i'm just plain lazy lol) I dunno, i might give it a go one day if someone could point me to a clear, straightforward tutorial video. But if someone could create an STF type of mission then i'd love to play and review it
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupAJ1M View Post
Me and my fleet buddies love doing the STF's and since we're not gonna get any new ones from the devs anytime soon, could they be done the foundry? I have no desire to make any foundry missions as i simply don't have the patience for that (maybe i'm just plain lazy lol) I dunno, i might give it a go one day if someone could point me to a clear, straightforward tutorial video. But if someone could create an STF type of mission then i'd love to play and review it
This would be an intriguing prospect, but it depends on the overall limitations of the tools provided by the foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Is it possible to have puzzles where more than one human player needs to perform some action simultaneously? If so, you should be able to create something "STF-ish".

It would be interesting to try for sure.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-28-2011, 01:15 PM
I too would be interested in knowing if that's possible! Love the STFs!
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-28-2011, 01:16 PM
I wish more people would feel the same about STFs. Then perhaps the devs would make more.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-28-2011, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
I wish more people would feel the same about STFs. Then perhaps the devs would make more.
Here here! At least we will be getting the Hive soon to complete the Undine story.

This is a great idea OP!
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-28-2011, 01:20 PM
I concur, QMC. I would like to eventually see some epic-level fleet actions/STFs...10-20 man operations....but with the challenge of an STF.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-28-2011, 01:21 PM
I want them to especially REQUIRE class specific objectives. Not have them be optional accolades like the weeklies but be obligatory.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-28-2011, 01:25 PM
I know someone by the name "apt.pupil" tried making a 2-3 player mission on Tribble. I reviewed it by myself and spent the night dying every so often. I forget what the name of the mission was, I want to say "Designs" but I'm not quite sure.

I think Napoleon_Blownapart has missions that are more suited towards the hardcore type of player would be the proper phrasing. It might be worth trying them with a team and seeing how that goes.

But other than that, the tools are a little too limited I think to have STF made by players. A few people mentioned that triggers might make it happen, but I remain pretty doubtful as there are a few other problems associated with it like what if people on your team choose different options. Maybe in a later build, I guess.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Player made STFs would be fine with me. It would mean the developers wouldn't have to use limited resources on content geared towards a tiny fraction of players.