Lt. Commander
# 1 No Foundry Recognition?
03-31-2011, 10:42 AM
Guys,.. what is going on.

The Foundry is ground-breaking for MMO's. This is really one of the coolest things ever for the MMO industry... and you guys are not promoting it.

You should put some promo videos out on www.gametrailers.com or such and get the word out.

The Foundry is a tool that will capture the imagination of so many. It will also draw in those story tellers that will make this game explode with content.

The Foundry is well made.

Brag about it a little. :p
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-31-2011, 10:43 AM
i agree but they have said its still technically in beta. they may just be holding back until they are sure its running smoothly.

it also allows time for some of the awesome missions to get made and to rise to the top of the pile.

i hope thats the case as they really should make a song and dance about it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-31-2011, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i hope thats the case as they really should make a song and dance about it.
it would appear judging by the launcher and front page that the song and dance has now been engaged.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-31-2011, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
it would appear judging by the launcher and front page that the song and dance has now been engaged.
It would indeed seem so...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEZcslNOEBg
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-31-2011, 10:47 AM
I have tried out the foundry but find it quite confusing, it does not seem to have a 'walkthrough' I will look around to see if one exists on the forums.

If people create some good missions/story lines, I have no doubt word will spread through the gaming comunity
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-31-2011, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
I have tried out the foundry but find it quite confusing, it does not seem to have a 'walkthrough' I will look around to see if one exists on the forums.

If people create some good missions/story lines, I have no doubt word will spread through the gaming comunity
Try this site http://www.starbaseugc.com/

This site has videos and forums and breakdowns of how to do certain foundry tricks.

It should help you.

Cryptic should make an official link to this site as well. It would be helpful.

I am trying to use bits and pieces to design custom rooms and areas... so I don't expect to have anything out for a long time. But that is ok... Anything worth doing....
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-31-2011, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox

One exists on the official site itself.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-31-2011, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Hunter 9
Thanks for that

(and Jaros )
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-31-2011, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
Guys,.. what is going on.

The Foundry is ground-breaking for MMO's. This is really one of the coolest things ever for the MMO industry... and you guys are not promoting it.

You should put some promo videos out on www.gametrailers.com or such and get the word out.

The Foundry is a tool that will capture the imagination of so many. It will also draw in those story tellers that will make this game explode with content.

The Foundry is well made.

Brag about it a little. :p
"Ground-Breaking"
"Well Made"

I have to disagree on both counts.
There's nothing new to it, this sort of thing has been done for years.
Perhaps it's only been done in connection with a full time MMO like STO once or twice, but it's no where near ground-breaking.
It's very limited and needs more.
I wouldn't call it well made. I would say it's a good start, but needs more. (I need pathing tools)
It has a lot of potential, and I am surprised by a lack of 'fanfare' about it going live, but let's not start blowing the 'over-hype' horns.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-31-2011, 12:38 PM
I honestly cannot think of another MMO that has a system this nice. Most only have the ability to put mobs down.. in existing maps with objectives that are vague at best.

Yes, pathing would be nice. The Foundry is far from finished so far.

Now, yes there are better mod tools out there.. for single player games. I won't compare those to this.

Can you please tell me another MMO that has a system like this that can even compare? And don't use City of Heroes. Their "foundry" is very basic and frankly not even in the same ballpark.