Lt. Commander
# 1 The Foundry is Live!
03-31-2011, 12:13 PM
The Foundry for Star Trek Online, our powerful editor that lets players design and build their own missions and stories, is now live!

Log into the game and get started creating missions that you can share with the entire Star Trek Online community. Visit The Foundry information pages to learn more about this specialized toolset, including player-created Video Tutorials to help you get the most out The Foundry's exciting features.

Forge your own strange new worlds today!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-31-2011, 12:30 PM
Congratulations to us all, the Foundry is exactly the game-changer I've purchased my LTS for.

I am however confused by Stormshade's quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade View Post
Well, it looks like I've made a mistake.

I'm sorry guys, however, my statement there is incorrect. I've been informed that we're not allowing the appearance of characters from the shows in The Foundry. Likeness/copyright issues make this very difficult to allow, and we need to go with the, "Reference is ok, physical appearance is not ok," in order to comply with the rules we're being given.

I'm sorry to have mislead you all, and I'll go back and edit that post so I don't confuse anyone else.

Thanks for understanding,

Stormshade
which to me seems to contradict a statement found on your Foundry page: "Re-create your favorite Star Trek episode."
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-31-2011, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
Congratulations to us all, the Foundry is exactly the game-changer I've purchased my LTS for.

I am however confused by Stormshade's quote: which to me seems to contradict a statement found on your Foundry page: "Re-create your favorite Star Trek episode."
(Like we said in the other thread) what they mean is "re-create your favorite episode...without the characters that made it your favorite". You know, like The Wrath of Khan without Khan
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-31-2011, 02:00 PM
I dunno... I'm still hoping to wake up tomorrow and find out it's all been just a Nemesis Plot!
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-31-2011, 02:15 PM
like i said in the other thread, hahahahha

april fools is on us. we do cryptic work and still pay for it lol. jokes kinda on us as we will be creating the content while they focus on C-store, proof is look at all of the month of april.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-31-2011, 05:11 PM
Haha it has been live sinse Monday :p