Lt. Commander
Yes. Several others have posted these types of review mission threads so ill start a KDF one . Im always up for KDF missions so post your KDF missions here if you want them reviewing .

No actual format just plant your mission here with its name and ill see what I can do!

Mission Review List:-

1:- Defend the Empire! - By Elkysium - 4 Stars
2:- Time the Enemy - By Havraha - 5 Stars
3:- Project Hotrod - By Foxrocks - 4 Stars (Tribble Mission)
4:- General Rebellion - By Capt.PFDennis - 5 Stars
5:- Stirring the Hornets Nest (Part 1) - By sabredruid - 1 Star
6:- The Enemy of my Enemy - By HathorSC - 2 Stars
7:- Peace Sells Part 2: The Bait - By Geoff_484 - 4 Stars
8:- Trill Death Do We Part - By Kahn - 2 Stars
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-04-2011, 02:44 PM
Thanks for doing this for peeps.

Here is my first mission:

Defend the Empire!

ST-HEP22MMEG

Strange readings have been reported near the penal colony of Rura Penthe. A large federation force has slipped off the radar. The last known coordinates were near the border of the Pi Canis and Omega Leonis Sector Blocks.

Please be brutal!

I have some old screens here, haven't had a chance to update yet.

Thx a million!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-04-2011, 02:51 PM
I have a KDF mission finished, but every time I play through it on Holodeck, the science officer starts saying everyone's lines despite what I've programmed. I'm unsure if others would see it (although I have to make that assumption) so I've withdrawn it from the database.

But, I'm going to see if its a problem for everyone later tonight, and if its not, I'll publish it for play through. It is --

Time the Enemy
ST-HRFCI27BN
http://starbaseugc.com/wiki/index.php/Time_the_Enemy
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Thanks Ooiue for checking out my first low-level Klingon mission (Not For Resale) already. If I get a chance, I'll try to review the missions posted here as well. The more Klingon missions the better!
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-04-2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havraha View Post
I have a KDF mission finished, but every time I play through it on Holodeck, the science officer starts saying everyone's lines despite what I've programmed. I'm unsure if others would see it (although I have to make that assumption) so I've withdrawn it from the database.
This is a bug that actually affects all KDF missions, even Cryptic designed ones apparently. Unfortunately there isn't anything we can do about it until it gets fixed.

Ooiue, I don't know if you want to review only Holodeck misisons or not, but if you don't mind going to Tribble, I did publish a KDF mission there. Unfortunately only one person has even bothered to play it, so I'd definitely appreciate a review if you don't mind playing on Tribble.

The mission is "Project Hotrod"
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Mission Review

Name:- Defend the Empire! - By Elkysium

Prologue

Strange readings have been reported near the penal colony of Rura Penthe. A large federation force has slipped off the radar. The last known coordinates were near the border of the Pi Canis and Omega Leonis Sector Blocks.

Story/Plot

4 stars

One word:- Brilliant. I loved the idea that the Federation has sneakily established a base near Qo'nos but it makes me wonder how they got there (if there is an explanation somewhere in the mission I have probably missed it). I also liked the Ferengi sub-plot and finding him on the Federation base. I was confused why the federation would capture a Ferengi like that but it was entertaining to see him wave about behind that forcefield xD. Also, it makes me wonder how a Federation fleet simply bypassed the KDF defence grid and went straight to Qo'nos.
Storyline was brilliant but a few things may need to be looked at (unless I've missed them).

Environment/Map Design

5 stars

I'd give you 20 stars for those environments. The asteroid field was my favourite with masses of blue clouds and asteroid there and the Asteroid Base planted in the middle which I actually almost missed.

Keep up the great map design work .

Combat

4 stars

There was a lot of combat in this mission. The initial asteroid combat was very difficult with 5 groups clumped together like that. Took me ages to finally destroy them. I also liked the final epic battle which I found much more entertaining because of the fleet on fleet NPC battle and me just diving in the middle of it. Ground combat I liked the most (but was a bit easy for me since my KDF character simply obliterates NPC's on ground wheever they fight him).

The space combat needs work a bit but I found the ground combat fine.

Dialogue

3 stars

There were a LOT of spelling errors and quite a few grammer errors if I remember correctly. You also didn't use captical letters for a lot of the names (such as Ferengi) which decreased the overall score. The actual dialogue from the NPC's was fantastic but the grammer errors didnt help it.

Brushing up on your English for this mission will help it enormously

FINAL VERDICT:- 4 Stars

Mission had fantastic environments and great plot. The combat was generally difficult and the dialogue was mixed with errors but great NPC dialogue.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-05-2011, 04:21 AM
Mission Review

Name:- Time the Enemy - By Havraha

Prologue

On a routine mission to expand the Klingon Empire's influence, how will your crew when it stumbles upon a new threat?

Story/Plot

5 stars

The storyline was FANTASTIC! I loved every bit of it. I loved the idea of time sped up in this mission making the Elri advance far faster than they normally would. If there was a community authored mission that made it into STO KDF mission progression, this would be it.

EPIC!

Environment/Map Design

4 stars

Loved the map designs but it was all pretty basic. I understand there was nothing much to put on but the maps were great. The ground map was the best I found but I think a few more objects could boost this mission a bit more.

Keep it up

Combat

5 stars

The Elri were based around Starfleet NPC's with costumes overriding them and it somehow fitted very nicely. There was a great amount of combat and I particularly liked the drones based on fighters. Tyhe combat NPC's just blended together extremely well and there was hardly any orientation to either too much or too little combat.

Great .

Dialogue

5 stars

The dialogue in this mission was some of the best I've seen for a community authored missions to date. You really do know Klingon dialogue and the constent use of targ referneces and metaphor's as well as simile's really felt like I was talking to a KDF officer or my KDF crew.

BRILLIANT!

FINAL VERDICT:- 5 Stars

Mission had fantastic plotline and it flowed very nicely all the way through. Map design could be brushed up a bit but combat and dialogue were also fantastic. Loved the plotline and this is what I would like a an actual mission to progress through when more KDF PvE comes.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Mission Review

Name:- Stirring the Hornets Nest - By sabredruid

Prologue

An investigation of a distress signal in the Alhena system in Eta Eridani uncovers a plot that threatens the integrity of the whole Klingon Empire.

Story/Plot

1 star

The story i found was messy. it didnt flow well and nothing made sense. i actually didnt complete the mission because i just got bored of it.

Environment/Map Design

5 stars

this is the only good thing about the mission to be honest. the environments were fantastic and you obviously know your way around the Foundry quite a bit. like!

Combat

1 star

it felt like an exploit mission more than a storyline. im not really a combat person but i enjopy it as a KDF character. however there was way too much at once several times and it just got boring fighting then moving then fighting then moving with dialogue.

you also messed up with the assigning who is who on NPC groups. you can give them a costume and a name but their powers will never change no matter what. i saw an engineer reviving one of their other officers like a combat medic. didnt make sense.

Dialogue

1 star

use capital letters! i found hardly any at all in the dialogue and whilst you did use Klingon phrases and you used actual Klingon language, it didnt make sense and my boff wondering how he could rule the Empire came out of nowhere. the dialogue with the orion female was the most annoying as she spoke out to me as if I was her inferior. i said she should shut up but the tree was set to fail.

FINAL VERDICT:- 1 Star

I didn't enjoy it. infact, I didnt complete the mission because i just got bored of it. storyline was messy as was the dialogue and it seemed like an exploit Fed mission more than an actual first part of a series. i find it difficult to start a series but this was just boring.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks
Ooiue, I don't know if you want to review only Holodeck misisons or not, but if you don't mind going to Tribble, I did publish a KDF mission there. Unfortunately only one person has even bothered to play it, so I'd definitely appreciate a review if you don't mind playing on Tribble.

The mission is "Project Hotrod"
yeah ill pop my head onto tribble and try your mission .

i presume your waiting for reviews on it before actually publishing it to holodeck?
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Thanks a million Ooiue!!!

I am quite embarrassed i had so many spelling errors!

As far as the Ferengi went, my initial intention was him being captured on the way to deliver his merchandise. The Federation didn't want to take the chance of him ruining their plans. I guess i left the gap a little too wide...

How they bypassed the grid...Well that was a whole other map. I wasn't sure how what i had would be received, as far as being too much or too difficult. It also ties into why the penal colony systems were malfunctioning, but i'll save that for a later update on the mission.

I appreciate your time and thoughts and will correct them as quick as possible!

Thanks again!!