Lt. Commander
Do yourself a favor and play this mission now(or soon =p). It really is excellent, and feels like a single story Featured Episode. Funny thing is, I just stumbled across it by accident. I havent seen it advertised anywhere, and it was near the bottom of the list with no ratings or reviews. Glad I found it
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Just played it. This is a really well done mission.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-05-2011, 06:19 PM
I was hoping someone would just stumble across it one of these days!

Wow. I mean, wow! Thank you for your kind words, both of you! Ever since the Foundry was released I have been completely engrossed in it. It's utterly addicting. "Brains Before Bounty" was my first mission and I am proud of it, even if I was just stretching my legs.

The comparison to feature episode missions is particularly flattering, Nagus, as that was precisely what I was aiming for. The high quality of our feature episode series have set the bar high for all of us. I think that's especially true for those of us venturing into the Foundry in an effort to make quality missions of our own. If "Brains Before Bounty" is enjoyable, it's in large part because of the inspiration provided by missions like "Mine Enemy" or "Cutting the Cord."

That said, if you liked "Brains Before Bounty," I think it's safe to say you're going to flip over my next episode. Sudden inspiration struck me when I was playing around with customized space maps one day--so many options, so many possibilities!--and I devised a mission concept that I think will be wholly original for Star Trek Online. I've been working non-stop on this new episode ever since. It's going to take things to a whole new level. I'll be sure to drop you a note and let you know when it's live, Nagus!

The Foundry is just fantastic. 'Nuff said.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonium View Post
That said, if you liked "Brains Before Bounty," I think it's safe to say you're going to flip over my next episode. Sudden inspiration struck me when I was playing around with customized space maps one day--so many options, so many possibilities!--and I devised a mission concept that I think will be wholly original for Star Trek Online. I've been working non-stop on this new episode ever since. It's going to take things to a whole new level. I'll be sure to drop you a note and let you know when it's live, Nagus!
I cant wait to play it
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-05-2011, 08:07 PM
I'll check it out, I was waiting for a mission to get some buzz before trying it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-05-2011, 08:58 PM
I can't seem to find it
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Unfortunately that's how this system is going to work. Spammed or lots of friends are going to get a high ranking no matter if it's good or not and the really good stuff is going to be mostly unknown. I'll probably make minimal usage of the foundry because of this.

This one will definitely go on my extremely short list to try though.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
I can't seem to find it
Yes, I can't find it either...

Was this mission created on Tribble, not Holodeck?
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-06-2011, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofftillman View Post
I can't seem to find it
"Brains Before Bounty" is available on Holodeck for characters of all levels. (Reference code: ST-HBMXP618C.) Unfortunately, with the current Foundry search system missions will not always appear when you're searching for them. I've frequently had this problem myself. If you can't find it, please wait some time and simply search again. Sooner or later, it will appear.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-06-2011, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Do yourself a favor and play this mission now(or soon =p). It really is excellent, and feels like a single story Featured Episode. Funny thing is, I just stumbled across it by accident. I havent seen it advertised anywhere, and it was near the bottom of the list with no ratings or reviews. Glad I found it

Will make sure to give it a try this evening.