Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I was watching Star Trek: TNG yesterday. If you have time, then can you add the Tamarian race to the Federation or Antedean race.

I know that Antedeans can't stand space travel, but you can make an exception just like the Benzites who are genetically modify to breath in regular oxygenated space.

Also, please add more Tamarian Envoy sayings like Darmok and Jerad on the ocean.

A quote by Worf about the Antedeans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV16KNKWvck. XD

Thanks a lot! =)
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Enough with new species! There's plenty in-gme and plenty to buy @ the C-store, if in-game isn't enough and characters are plenty customizable to make-your-own-alien.

Give us a playable Romulan faction! Or Cardie. Or Borg. Or Species 8472. Or Klingo-- Ohh wait. Yeah, I guess they're playable enough? =oP
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-24-2011, 08:16 AM
Antedans were a pointless race who's only reason for appearing was to be terrorists.

However I've made the observation before that over 90% of available bridge officers are of non-human races which is, of course, extremely silly/

50% of Starfleet should be humans. The other 50% should be made up of all other races combined. Non-Human bridge officers should be rare.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-24-2011, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdSin15 View Post
Antedans were a pointless race who's only reason for appearing was to be terrorists.

However I've made the observation before that over 90% of available bridge officers are of non-human races which is, of course, extremely silly/

50% of Starfleet should be humans. The other 50% should be made up of all other races combined. Non-Human bridge officers should be rare.
why?

/10char
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-24-2011, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P_Sutherland
why?

/10char
Thats how it was in the shows?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-24-2011, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto_von_Bismarck View Post
so? maybe some people dont want their terran overlords onboard their ship.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-24-2011, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Yes and more than 50% of those where either Americans or British/Irish.

http://ex-astris-scientia.org/incons...uman_names.htm

Why? Because it was made for U.S. Television.
Since this is not a TV show we either go by the more likely percentage of humans in Starfleet, based on the fact that there are over 150 planets in the Federation that percentage should be far less than 50%.
Or we need a "filter" that removes all those inapropriate non-anglophone human names and then removes all those non-human chars.
Then we can rename the "United Federation of Planets" to the "Federation Reich of Anglophones".
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Na i say, the uss intrepid was all vulcan, or 99% vulcan.

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_Int...%28NCC-1631%29

however I do agree that the majority of the npcs/crew on most ships should be human to reflect the shows, granted places like DS9 the bajorans should be more prominent along with other alien species...this also reflects the shows.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-29-2011, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGmirkin
Enough with new species! There's plenty in-gme and plenty to buy @ the C-store, if in-game isn't enough and characters are plenty customizable to make-your-own-alien.

Give us a playable Romulan faction! Or Cardie. Or Borg. Or Species 8472. Or Klingo-- Ohh wait. Yeah, I guess they're playable enough? =oP
I agree with this guy, there are allready loads of races for the Federation.

I would pay big bucks to have a Romulan Faction , that would truely blow me away i think i would even get a lifetime if that happend
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-04-2011, 03:19 PM
More body parts for the Alien character creator, less playable races. It's called "imagination".