Lt. Commander
# 1 Disappearing NPCs/Contacts?
04-11-2011, 12:30 PM
I can't seem to find a way to fudge the disappearance of an NPC, Group or Contact. Any help?

I want to have a non-aggressive version of an NPC get replaced with an aggressive version at one point during my script. Since you can't change the aggro flag on NPCs, I intended to perform a hot swap of two separate NPCs wearing the same costume. But I can't make the non-aggro one disappear.

Any hints would be appreciated!
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-11-2011, 12:45 PM
I don't think there's a way to do it without a map-change currently. You can only make an NPC-Contact appear, not disappear. Once they're on the map, they're in it til the end of the map.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-11-2011, 12:52 PM
One possible work-around, in space only, is to use "detail objects" of ship types that exist as potential combat units as well. For instance, a Miranda, or a borg cube. Dialog could be done with popups or tied to local triggers. The "object" can be removed and replaced with either an NPC-Contact or a combat unit.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-11-2011, 01:18 PM
I definitely think that making NPC contacts able to disappear is the #1 thing that should get fixed/added to the Foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Darn, wel lthat answers my question I wanted the player to come into a zone and have security there for help then get beamed out later.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-11-2011, 02:44 PM
While you can't make a contact disappear, you can box in a hostile npc with invisible walls. They won't try to attack through invisible walls. Try building a box around the hostile version of the npc, then set up a trigger to make those walls disappear when you want them to attack.