Lt. Commander
Hey all,

A friend of mine has just picked up this game and I've been helping her on some of the missions. For the most part the team system has worked well, but we do have a question -

Can a Vice Admiral (me) enter the same Starbase 24 instance (as an example) as a Lieutenant Commander? (Her.) We're on the same team, she's the squad leader and I've matched her level, but it doesnt seem to matter how many times we try, we can't seem to be placed in the same instance of this fleet action.

Needless to say, frustrating.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Doh, sorry Mods... This was meant to go to feedback.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-12-2011, 01:37 AM
I've tried it a few times. I don't think you can. I've even tried with a full team of ltcmdrs. And me Va. I matched their level and visa versa nothing happened always in different instance.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-12-2011, 02:11 AM
As indicated above: You can't.

The reason for this, is back at launch everyone would join the same instance (admirals and lt's alike).

This however ended up in one of two scenarios:

- Higher level officers = High ranking enemies (Hence low level players had no chance of surviving an encounter even with fighters).
- Low level officer = Low level enemies (making it NOT worthwhile for higher level players).

So even if you match level with people above or below you, you will never be able to join their instances.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-12-2011, 04:11 AM
I'll be careful what I say here in case it's seen as exploiting but the idea you speak of can happen but the approach seems very hit and miss and seems to be fleet action specific. Jumping in a low instance can be as easy as entering the map and changing instances but this doesn't work on every map and in some cases it's possible to get in to a low instance but it doesn't seem to always work though this may be down to variations in how people go about it.
Lt. Commander
# 5 options
05-11-2011, 11:18 AM
not to disagree with anyone because I am fairly new to the game but I have been put in many instances were I am playing with people way above my wieght class. This really hurts because a simple Bop takes my shields down in like two hits. I'm an LC with a tier two ship and it feels like I am being thrown to the wolves. I'll warp out and go back in and it will be fine untill this happens again. The way they have the maps set up should be fore each rank unless you are part of a fleet and want to fight with others above you.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone_Loki
not to disagree with anyone because I am fairly new to the game but I have been put in many instances were I am playing with people way above my wieght class. This really hurts because a simple Bop takes my shields down in like two hits. I'm an LC with a tier two ship and it feels like I am being thrown to the wolves. I'll warp out and go back in and it will be fine untill this happens again. The way they have the maps set up should be fore each rank unless you are part of a fleet and want to fight with others above you.
Are you sure you are not mixing Fleet action and DSE?