Lt. Commander
# 1 Ship sculpture (figure print)
04-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Someone inside of Cryptic might want to call an ambulance for the moderator reading this thread ... (they are NOT going to believe this one.)

I would like to post the ONE thing that I would gladly spend "extra" money in the "C" store on. (yeah .. I know ... ME.. )

That is a model of my "favorite" ship that I use in game.

Without mentioning the name of that "other MMO" that sells the "figure print" of a players favorite toon, let's just say that the technology is there to reproduce a 3-D model of our toon or (in this case) a ship. The details, including the correct paint and customized vessel can be reproduced to the exact manner in which it is played in game.

Would I actually spend money on that ??? If the model was large enough (for the ship I'd say approximately 8" long ) AND in a clear plastic case for display ... you bet .. up to $150.00 US.

..... someone better call that ambulance .. I just heard a distinct loud THUD ... (as they just collapsed and hit the floor)
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Considering that I suggested this very thing in another thread here, you know that I'll happily support this cause.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
Considering that I suggested this very thing in another thread here, you know that I'll happily support this cause.
oops .. sorry ... my bad !

just the same ... I do think it would be cool if we could get them. THAT I would go for ! Let's face it we really could use some sort of tangible item to have on the shelf from the game ! What a really great way to have longer lasting keep sake!
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlBuzzard
oops .. sorry ... my bad
Nah, it's a great idea. I think it deserves its own thread.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-12-2011, 11:08 PM
I would buy a sculpture of my ships and my crew.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-12-2011, 11:17 PM
While I personally wouldn't get one.
It is a great idea.
Lt. Commander
# 7 good idea but
04-14-2011, 07:37 AM
Your not the frist to post it. They could even sub contact to the other MMO so no money out of pocket just profit to STO.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeves
Your not the frist to post it. They could even sub contact to the other MMO so no money out of pocket just profit to STO.
Well, to tell ya the truth the best I can remember the "other company" that does the figure prints is independent of the MMO. They simply do ALL of the work for ALL of the customers of that game who order the sculptures. ( a pretty good arrangement actually). Had I stayed with the game another year and got some of the high end gear from crafting, running with a few of the raid groups (via special invite from my sons ) I would have made a second one. If we ever go back, I will go after the good stuff and see about getting another figure print.

IMHO it's the single best way to have a keep sake that will be around for years !
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-14-2011, 09:02 PM
I'm game for this. I'm always looking for a way to spend my disposable income! Depending on the price, I'd likely get one for all of my captains ships... so 5 captains, with 5+ ships each = $$$$$
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-15-2011, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
I'm game for this. I'm always looking for a way to spend my disposable income! Depending on the price, I'd likely get one for all of my captains ships... so 5 captains, with 5+ ships each = $$$$$
hehehehehe

IMHO this is one of those things that once it catches on .. there will be a LOT of multiple purchases. Mine included !