Lt. Commander
For those that may not have seen it, they recently added a daily Foundry mission to Tribble for testing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
There is now a daily UGC mission that will reward players for playing 3 different UGC missions.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=211551

The reward for this daily is as follows:
  • 189 skillpoints
  • 165 bridge officer points
  • 200 starfleet merits(or honor for Klingons)

Thats fine for new players using the Foundry to supplement their leveling, but the Foundry should also be a source of content for players who have already reached max level. So like the title of the thread says,

Add Emblems before the Foundry daily goes live!

***update***

The Devs have listened to our feedback!

Quote:
Foundry Daily
  • Increased the numeric reward scale of the daily.
  • Added two optional rewards in addition to the numerics:
    1. Rank appropriate marks/emblems
    2. A grab bag which will grant you one level appropriate item
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...80#post3499680

So not only have they added emblems, but they have also made the amounts of xp and skillpoints scale to your level!

Thanks to everyone for sharing your thoughts
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-17-2011, 06:55 AM
I'm definitely down with this. I have a VA and I'd rather get the emblems sometimes, but the Foundry missions are a lot more fun.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-17-2011, 06:56 AM
I would assume the emblems integration is already in the works. Stahl did mention these specifically as being a currency obtained by these dailies when they arrive for good.

Looking forward to it, though. I'm loving these Foundry missions, and it will be nice to have even more incentive to browse them regularly.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-17-2011, 07:06 AM
i vote against emblem rewards for doing UGC missions. I for one arent as "yay!" about the foundry as a lot of other people. adding that kind of a reward for doing foundry missions would make me feel forced to do them. so please, no.

thanks
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-17-2011, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricO
i vote against emblem rewards for doing UGC missions. I for one arent as "yay!" about the foundry as a lot of other people. adding that kind of a reward for doing foundry missions would make me feel forced to do them. so please, no.

thanks
Solution: Don't pickup the daily. :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-17-2011, 07:09 AM
I say yes, now I might Finally have something to do.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-17-2011, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrayl View Post
Solution: Don't pickup the daily. :p
Exactly. That would be just as ridiculous as someone saying "I dont like to PvP, so dont add any rewards to PvP that I might want". There are other ways to get emblems, so if you have a problem with the Foundry dont play it. It cant get any simpler than that.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-17-2011, 07:19 AM
I am all for it. We need MORE options for picking up Emblems as what we have now get old after a short time. This also gives some incentive to actaully play and make Foundry missions. Currently, I play Foundry for two reasons (besides being a reviewer) to get new content and to get new content. Yes, I said the same thing twice because I currently can't and DON'T play for the rewards. The content alone on many (and by far not all) Foundry missions is enough.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-17-2011, 07:20 AM
I'm no fan of the Foundry myself, or Emblems - for reasons all over this board - but I agree with Nagus on this. Every other daily at max level has an Emblem reward attached, so this one should be no different. If you have to, make the max level daily a different daily.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Exactly. That would be just as ridiculous as someone saying "I dont like to PvP, so dont add any rewards to PvP that I might want". There are other ways to get emblems, so if you have a problem with the Foundry dont play it. It cant get any simpler than that.
This argument is just as paper thin.

The facts are that people only run emblem missions for the emblems. Having emblems for foundry will of course means that players looking for emblems need to run the foundry.

Its like if our accolades unlocked special missions, or gave gear or a means to an end (gameplay). Then if you didn't do it you would still be able to continue on, but in all honestly you should be doing them in order to be at the same potential level as everyone who is.

Adding emblems as rewards means people looking for emblems MUST do foundry. I find it misleading to say otherwise.

My personal opinion is YES I would like to force people into the foundry (those who are emblem farming) because it will break the tedium that has been the current grind. In fact, they may even have more fun doing the mission as thinking about their end-goal with emblems.

But it needs to be balanced. I think adding an emblem or 2 or three (LOL) for doing 3 or 6 or 9 foundry missions is not the way to go. It traces back to the original discussions on xp/dip xp for foundry missions... I could only be in favor of emblems as rewards for - substantive - foundry missions. How that can be determined is very subjective, and until there is a guideline of what constitutes a worthy emblem mission then there is the eminent risk of unbalancing the cryptic official emblems daily missions with foundry missions like "Shooting Klingons in a Barrel" or "You versus 10 Undine across 10 maps".

So if they can get that right, which clearly they have not at this stage or we'd be talking about why emblems were added for 3 foundry missions completions... then I'll be onboard - until then I remain skeptical.