Lt. Commander
My mission group is developing nicely. I have it in plans to get all five done so that I can release them as a weekly. But what would you guys like to see.

I have intentions of creating a false mission to adjust triggers, my costume to perform particular actions, etc. to create a cutscene then take down those missions, paste up the scene on youtube and then post the real mission with OOC text directing people to the cutscene. the 'directing' of each of the cutscenes is already laied out on paper but...

As most of us know, creating any movie takes an enormous amount of time and I don't want to give any of my mission away. but honestly guys would a cutscene or a trailer be prefered. Would you guys like an introduction to the mission before you play it, more than just words, or would you like a trailer showing the awsomness in the mission.

I want my story to appeal to the crowd. Cryptic itself does not have trailers but they do have cutscenes, this is what I wanted to model my missions on, but, this part, has to grab attention.

thanks,
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-18-2011, 09:52 PM
One problem is that the Foundry terms of use say you can't provide web links. So getting people to your cut scenes might be difficult.

On the other hand, the terms of use also says we can't use any common first names such as John, Dave, etc, because we can't use the first or last names of any of the actors/directors/producers/writers in any of the shows/series. There have been hundreds of people in those roles, so every common first name is technically a violation of the terms of use.

But I think that the non-linking rule might be more strictly enforced than removing any mission where a character has the first name John.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-18-2011, 10:06 PM
1st point taken. No links, but each youtube video, much like the missions, is assigned a code and simply typing that in the seach box gets you there. Besides, a webpage (plus the forums) also will direct people to that link.

2nd point: Not sure what you mean. The characters in the mission itself are assigned names of course, but they are unique. And in the cutscenes themselves no names will be mentioned at all. Its all action such as still camera viewing my away team dressed in certain uniforms relevant to the mission running down a hall. This is intended to display a sense of emergency that will no doubt pertain to the mission.

No names, nothing. So not sure what you mean.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-18-2011, 10:09 PM
The second thing was just me noting that the Foundry terms are a bit overly broad in general, not related to your specific issue. If I were you, I'd probably go with trailers. It may help get people interested in playing the mission. Having a cut-scene mid mission would require the person to tab out, and many might not be willing to do so.

Or maybe you could go with an intro cutscene, which sets the stage for the mission and gets people interested without giving away anything.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-19-2011, 12:04 AM
My intent was an introduction cutscene.