Lt. Commander
=/\=Spoilers for the mission ahead=/\=

Yes I'm sure you all know where this is going. That mission, including everything leading up to it was immersive, atmospheric, very trek and very fun. Even the part where you can get utterly destroyed by ships that should be in a museum, while odd, still had a pretty epic feel.
But devs, the drinks... really? Scotty is freaking out about Triolic radiation that's about to kill everyone, and then I'm sent to not only get a drink for a hysteric woman so she can hand me a part that turns out to be right next to her, but I also have to sit through a bartender's spiel about bartending, an Orion's spiel about her injured love, and then 8 separate dialogue options worth of Scotty's anecdotes about being a booze hound.

I'm not complaining about difficulty, since Scotty flat out tells you what she likes and doesn't, but seriously devs... what were you thinking? In the middle of a crisis situation where everyone could die, I shouldn't be listening to drinking stories, paying attention to every detail so I don't miss what she likes, and then making sure the bartender makes the right thing. I thought maybe it was an april fool's mission or something until I asked around.

Just wanted to pay a compliment, and say that the rest of the mission was incredible, the pacing was good and I was having a blast. I know this is an MMO devs, but please please cut down on the busy-work you're always using to pad out missions. If you're telling a story, let it end organically. If the story's done, leave it be. Not every mission of a chain has to be long, short and sweet missions have their place too.

Trying to frame this in a positive light, but it's hard just because of the contrast between "best mission I've played so far" and "what the frak were they thinking?"...
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-19-2011, 09:53 AM
removed /10char
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight
removed /10char
New here, so no idea what that means, though I'm assuming it was anything but constructive. No worries, just wanted to give my feedback on the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-19-2011, 06:56 PM
i have been here a while and I have no idea either...I think he likes your avatar? idk

I got to say I agree with you, I mean it is like wtf couldnt it have been like Build me a _______ item and install it in that power relay to do _____ and you have to build, with these diff options a plasma shielded, lightweight, flexible multi-pronged connector with a phased modulator set to 3.5 cycles.

but no, we got the girl a drink cause she couldnt think...if this game had more women playing I would think they would be mad! :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-20-2011, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by opzulu View Post

but no, we got the girl a drink cause she couldnt think...if this game had more women playing I would think they would be mad! :p
I admit, at first I was a little, but I try not to be too sensitive about that kind of stuff. With all the "damsel in distress" stuff in popular culture, I'm so used to it now that I just laugh.
On that note though, how about a mission where we have to babysit a hysteric male officer and get him his favourite sandwich before he's able to become coherent enough to help us?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-20-2011, 11:17 AM
It's even more insane if you do it as a Klingon...
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-21-2011, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daezen
I admit, at first I was a little, but I try not to be too sensitive about that kind of stuff. With all the "damsel in distress" stuff in popular culture, I'm so used to it now that I just laugh.
On that note though, how about a mission where we have to babysit a hysteric male officer and get him his favourite sandwich before he's able to become coherent enough to help us?
One male officer worrying about his Captain Proton novels in the middle of a crisis wasn't enough for you?
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-21-2011, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Sounds like me, except with Grape Juice
If I don't have grape Juice in PVP, something's wrong!
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Quote:
New here, so no idea what that means, though I'm assuming it was anything but constructive. No worries, just wanted to give my feedback on the mission.
i dont think dude ment anything bad by his/hers post. could of been a typo =]
but i agree tht those missons are some of the best in game. i wish we could roll play the quest, i would tell tht chick scotty likes to make her own damn drink if she doent like the one i gave her...fricken ungratefull shrew!
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-21-2011, 04:47 PM
I agree that it breaks the pacing of the mission and feels out of place, but at least they're trying.