Lt. Commander
It seemed like in foundry beta I could use the trick of putting my character in an extreme corner and his away team would appear stuck in the wall. My current quest is the product of five days and can't be adapted to having your crew running around. Is there a new trick to this? In the editor it works when I Play Map or Play Mission, they are stuck in the wall, but I published and played it and it appears they just appear where there is nothing blocking them.

is it no longer possible to exclude the player's away team? If not thats weird, as it should be a simple option in the editor.

Thanks!

DeRavi

Mission: Across The Universe, well-rated
Mission: Erased! (about to publish)
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-19-2011, 02:28 PM
This is most likely due to anti-stuck, anti-exploit code that runs on published missions. The only way I've found that works (under certain conditions) is to place invisible walls or forcefields around them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-19-2011, 08:21 PM
I think you are not correct, i have tried 6x thick invisible walls, some new game mechanic simple teleports them out.

The only way out of this is to run as fast as you can away and then sometimes by the time they teleport they are out of range.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-19-2011, 09:27 PM
You could try just telling the player that this is a solo mission and that you can't keep his BOs from spawning due to a Foundry limitation, with instructions to set the BO's location to the beam in point and continue without them.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-20-2011, 07:53 AM
that makes sense but my fed toon cant set rally points, my klingon can. ive tried remapping, reinstalling, defaulting, everything, it just wont click the rally icon onto the ground, I assume others have this so did not consider this an option. m I wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-20-2011, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeRavi
that makes sense but my fed toon cant set rally points, my klingon can. ive tried remapping, reinstalling, defaulting, everything, it just wont click the rally icon onto the ground, I assume others have this so did not consider this an option. m I wrong?
That sounds like an account/character specific issue you're having.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-20-2011, 08:50 AM
is there a way to drop them through the floor? I just hate the game mechanic of having to ask them to remove them.

I know I can make them fall a long distance and I might survive while they dont. Or I could put me just inside a low grav corner and float onto a platform that my crew can never reach cause they keep dying and spawning? Or would they just teleport to me once dead in any case?

Grrr