Lt. Commander
My Google Fu, is failing me... well, perhaps it's more 'over load' than not finding anything, but when I search to find out if I can advance my character doing Foundry missions, I mostly get discussions and debates as to the pro's and cons of allowing player created content to offer rewards.

So, I come to you, my forum brothers and sisters, Can some one tell me how rewards work in the player created content?

If I can't advance my character while doing the missions, I imagine I'll stick to the missions that 'do' advance my toon, until I max out, then go check out the player content.. is that how it works? or, is it viable to play the created content and advance as I play?

how about loot?

Also, I am currious, since I read so much 'debate' as to the 'ruin' of the game if rewards were offered, vs (the position that I find myself in,) no one 'doing' player content, until they max level, how is it working out?

are you happy with the way rewards for player generated content works?

Can it be improved?

Do they need more? Less? is it being abused?

I guess I had lots of questions - but, as I'm just returning to the game, I'm quite exited by the potential to both play and create content.

thanks,

zWolf -out.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-21-2011, 08:30 AM
As of today, a Foundry daily is live on holodeck. This daily requires you complete 3 Foundry missions of your choosing, and rewards you with:
  • mission xp
  • skillpoints
  • bridge officer points
  • a piece of gear that scales to your level
  • marks or emblems, depending on your level

The above things are in addition to the normal xp and loot you get for each NPC you kill in the mission. And Foundry missions scale to your level, so you will always get level appropriate loot items.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-21-2011, 08:41 AM
Wow, that sounds very well thought out! Color me impressed. does the community feel that this is working well?

I Imagine that since Difficulty 'Scales' that their aren't horrible Abuses either, so that's pretty darn cool.

ok, enough 'chitter chatter' right? I'll go play and discover for myself!

zWolf -out.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-21-2011, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zwolf View Post
Wow, that sounds very well thought out! Color me impressed. does the community feel that this is working well?

I Imagine that since Difficulty 'Scales' that their aren't horrible Abuses either, so that's pretty darn cool.

ok, enough 'chitter chatter' right? I'll go play and discover for myself!

zWolf -out.
Well it just went live today, so people really havent had enough time to feel it out. But I've been keeping up with it since it was on the test server, and I think its a great first step. BTW, if your looking for some great missions check out the "Nagus List" link in my sig
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-21-2011, 08:57 AM
heh, what good timing I have getting back into the game RIGHT as such a major update hits prime time heh.

I'll definitely check out your missions.

I just posted in another thread, looking for primarily space combat missions, I think players being able to make their own content is going to be the 'win button' for me and my play style (which is all about the space exploration and as little ground play as possible ... well diplomatic ground play, or story based mission on the ground would be fun.. but Ground Combat.... (stays positive,) isn't my cup o tea.

thanks again for the responses to this thread.