Lt. Commander
Hey all,

I've finally published my first misson. Please give it a play, and let me know what you think. All feedback is very, very welcome!

Thanks!

Title: The Spirits of Ramok Nor
Author: @alimac30
Faction: Federation
Level Requirement: Any level

Mission summary:
Spirits are haunting an old Cardassian-built medical facility on Bajor. The terrified patients and staff fear the apparitions are the tormented souls of Bajorans tortured and killed at the facility during the Occupation. With the pain of Cardassian atrocities still raw after 50 years, Kai Kira has asked Starfleet to investigate...

Additional notes:
  • This is NOT a Devidian mission.
  • Intended to be single-player.
  • Takes around an hour.
  • Much more of an investigation than a shoot-'em-up.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Played it yesterdaybefore you either took it down or it became unavailable for some reason, enjoyed it a lot but it seems my review has vanished 8'/ I saw it there earlier this evening but at the moment I don't remember all I wrote, I think I may have pmed you some problems with prisoners being in the wrong places - outside of forcfields and a few other things. I do remember I enjoyed it a lot.

I liked what you did with the door, but add some tricorder trickery to damage the hinges, just pushing it felt wrong. and the tricks to save map changes on DS9. The story was good, and the sets were well done and the effects use was good as well. The 'ghost' looked great. Very good work. I wish they would fix that bug that makes the review vanish 8'/ I was the 1st to play it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-28-2011, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
Played it yesterdaybefore you either took it down or it became unavailable for some reason, enjoyed it a lot but it seems my review has vanished 8'/ I saw it there earlier this evening but at the moment I don't remember all I wrote, I think I may have pmed you some problems with prisoners being in the wrong places - outside of forcfields and a few other things. I do remember I enjoyed it a lot.

I liked what you did with the door, but add some tricorder trickery to damage the hinges, just pushing it felt wrong. and the tricks to save map changes on DS9. The story was good, and the sets were well done and the effects use was good as well. The 'ghost' looked great. Very good work. I wish they would fix that bug that makes the review vanish 8'/ I was the 1st to play it.
You actually managed to play it while I was testing it on Tuesday... I published it, played through, and then took it down to make modifications. So it was only up for about 30 mins on Tuesday! Still, I very much appreciate the glowing review you left, and the feedback email you sent me in game (I've replied). Thanks again!

As of yesterday (Wednesday), the mission is now properly live )
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-28-2011, 04:50 AM
I played it and I thought it was the best mission i have yet played on the foundry. the art assets were of the highest quality and the missions was simply awesome.

I got a little lost in the ward. I was exploring around and speaking to the contacts in the wrong order and it got confusing who i then had to speak to. maybe list their names instead of just contact or maybe use way points for the contacts themselves? maybe it was just me, but when you have speak to contact or speak to contact in temple its not very helpful when you dont know the layout of the map. Took me a while to notice the temple for example.

apart from that very minor problem it was brilliant. i wish i could have given it 6 stars.

edit- what was the name of the glowly spirit effect you used a couple of time. i may use that in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-28-2011, 07:12 AM
I've just had the pleasure of playing this mission and I thought it was really well written and prepared. I loved the effects and apart from a few issues with characters in walls, the layouts of the station was just fantastic! Really well done and looking forward to your next mission. 5/5!!
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-28-2011, 08:45 AM
Excellent mission!
I told my whole fleet to try it out!

Warning: Spoilers!

The whole story was amazing, the maps were beautiful and even with just a few guys to fight against, it was really worth playing. I really like the idea of this kind of time-travelling, although I felt very bad about attacking DS9 lol

The detention facility was very well designed, the ghosts looked cool, the puzzles were not very hard (good for lazy people like me ) and I like pretty much every character in the mission!

I could go on with this forever, so I stop here and mention a few errors with the mission:
- 1 or 2 spelling errors, although I forgot where they were
- some objects were placed a bit to close to other objects, so they overlapped (very few)

But aside from that, it was the best mission I played so far! I really hope this will be a spotlight mission one day, or whatever they call it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-29-2011, 11:14 AM
Hey all - many, MANY thanks for your feedback and glowing reviews. Really, I can't thank you all enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
I got a little lost in the ward. I was exploring around and speaking to the contacts in the wrong order and it got confusing who i then had to speak to. maybe list their names instead of just contact or maybe use way points for the contacts themselves? maybe it was just me, but when you have speak to contact or speak to contact in temple its not very helpful when you dont know the layout of the map. Took me a while to notice the temple for example.
This was definitely something to be improved. I've re-done the objectives on that map now, so going to each place and speaking to each person is an objective in its own right. I've tried to make the objectives as helpful as possible, e.g. "Go to temple (north end of plaza)" and "Talk to Nurse Lenta Ramala in Ward 2" etc., and all with appropriate waypoint circles on the player's map.

So thank you for the feedback, it definitely helped me to improve this map!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
what was the name of the glowly spirit effect you used a couple of time. i may use that in the future.
It's called Starburst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptLee39
Excellent mission!
I told my whole fleet to try it out!
Amazing - thank you!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-29-2011, 11:18 AM
also awesome signature as well.

i wish i was better at photoshop when it comes to my sigs. i have to keep mine fairly basic through my complete lack of photo artistic talent.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Fantastic job! Seriously, this is one incredible mission. The story itself is very good, but the mission design is exceptional as well. I really loved it and cant wait to play more of your missions. Added this to my list
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-05-2011, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Fantastic job! Seriously, this is one incredible mission. The story itself is very good, but the mission design is exceptional as well. I really loved it and cant wait to play more of your missions. Added this to my list
Thanks Nagus, I really appreciate it