Lt. Commander
# 1 Complaint about C-Store Offers
05-02-2011, 08:15 AM
As a fan of STO and someone who has purchased ALL of the C-Store content (Except the Klingon Ships), I feel I must show my frustration at the latest 50% offer. I am very unhappy that I can't purchase the ships without reaching the required rank. As a busy person I have no opportunity to raise my level quickly enough to purchase these ships. I did try, having had 4 days of work, I created a new Klingon Charchter and worked on it constantly in the hope that I would be able to take advantage of this offer.

With less than two hours to go, I have only reached BG1, this stops me from purchasing the ships.

My complaint is this :- I understand that the ships are only available to LG Klingons to use in game but we should be able to purchase them and take advantage when these offers come along. As a user who has purchased 2 Lifetime subscriptions plus over 6 different versions of STO to get the exclusive content as well as someone who has achieved the top referral rewards I am very upset at this situation.

If anyone from Cryptic ever reads this forum, I would like to inform you that I will no longer purchase any C-Store items because of this and feel very let down. I have supported this game since beta and feel that the only thing Cryptic has done has fleeced me. I understand the need for micro transactions as a business model but feel that I am being disadvantaged as a casual gamer who can't be online all the time to raise my chars to the required levels.

Sorry for the long post fellow forum members but I am very p'd at this.

z
Lt. Commander
As a fan of STO and someone who has purchased ALL of the C-Store content (Except the Klingon Ships), I feel I must show my frustration at the latest 50% offer. I am very unhappy that I can't purchase the ships without reaching the required rank. As a busy person I have no opportunity to raise my level quickly enough to purchase these ships. I did try, having had 4 days of work, I created a new Klingon Charchter and worked on it constantly in the hope that I would be able to take advantage of this offer.

With less than two hours to go, I have only reached BG1, this stops me from purchasing the ships.

My complaint is this :- I understand that the ships are only available to LG Klingons to use in game but we should be able to purchase them and take advantage when these offers come along. As a user who has purchased 2 Lifetime subscriptions plus over 6 different versions of STO to get the exclusive content as well as someone who has achieved the top referral rewards I am very upset at this situation.

If anyone from Cryptic ever reads this forum, I would like to inform you that I will no longer purchase any C-Store items because of this and feel very let down. I have supported this game since beta and feel that the only thing Cryptic has done has fleeced me. I understand the need for micro transactions as a business model but feel that I am being disadvantaged as a casual gamer who can't be online all the time to raise my chars to the required levels.

z
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-02-2011, 11:40 AM
10/char 10/char
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
nothing stops you from spending 5 minutes and creating a kdf toon and buying the ships for that faction.
Next time you might actually read the OP that clearly states that is not possible to buy anything unless a character meets the requirements, which is max level in case of the klingon ships.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-02-2011, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
10/char 10/char
I am not sure you read that correctly. They were speaking about a Klingon toon.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Quote:

z
Your not alone in this complaint. There are many people upset about this and they mostly just post so in the chat box in the game, which does not do anything helpful. You can hear from some more people, that are annoyed (including myself) about the same thing, that are posting in the forums in my thread here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=213431
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-03-2011, 04:41 AM
Or maybe it's just another carrot on the stick? Make you PLAY MORE in hopes of reaching the level *required*.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-03-2011, 05:32 AM
Look at this from Cryptic's point of view- if you HAD been able to purchase said ship short of the level you need- how many would scream about that? Can you imagine how many would flip out being unable to use a purchased ship until level met?
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-03-2011, 08:11 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
Lt. Commander
# 10 NeverRrush
05-03-2011, 02:11 PM
Just gos back something I tell my fleet. Rushung in this game to do anything in normaly a bad idea. That go for buying stuff as well. Got my Klingon Empire - Guramba Siege Destroyer for 50% off. Just could not bring myself to spend 25$USD but 12.50$USD I can live with plus leveled my only klingon to max level.