Lt. Commander
I need some feedback please for the re-release of 'Crouching Ty'Gokor Hidden demon' level 31 klingon mission, still in the review stage. (this was originally a spotlight mission, so if you do play it please make sure you check the one made by me and not Q).

Its been out for a week and only been played once. Unfortunately the player who did it seems to have left some feedback which is In my opinion completely untrue and a low rating which is keeping it down (unless it bugged on him or something).

He basically said the space section was way to hard, like it was a zerg task force, even though I made it slightly easier than than the original spotlight mission which most people seemed to really like and have no problem with. He himself liked the original so I dont understand whAt the problem was. I have completed it myself with ease, so I just need other's opinion on the space battle and the other changes I have made.

Any feedback would be helpful. I've cleaned up some of the errors and added some other stuff from the original. I'll give you a cookie if you play it.*

If you like it then also feel free to check out the Hunter Killer (level 41). People seem to be enjoying that one.

I should have part 3 up in a few days.

* the cookie is a lie.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-07-2011, 10:24 AM
OK, I played through Tygokor again. I gave you 3 stars.

Combat: It was OK as is on Lieutenant General level. I died three times in the first space battle with the Command Ship and the Carrier. My fitting is quite good, but perhaps I wasn't fully awake yet. The rest of the battles were a piece of cake. Support during the first space battle with the carrier and command... Yeah, they are dead so quickly you could just leave them out. (3 stars)

Technical: I could not complete the last map, because your Romulan Commander got killed by AOE weapons. I remember that happened the first time with the Original version, too.
(But I replayed the map back then...) Simple solution: Make the objective a reach marker and spawn in the commander after the battle with the two squads guarding him. (1 star) (for now)

Maps: Some are quite nice. I have seen better, I have created far worse. (4stars)

Story: This would be a great LAST episode in a series. As a standalone it feels a bit like: Get out all the big guns and then blast them for no reason. But thats only my opinion.
It also feels pretty straight forward. No optional objectives, no branching dialogue. (2 stars)

I think you could easily get 4 or even 5 stars from me, if you improved the story and made that little change on the technical problem mentioned.

Hope that helps.

PS I think I also played "Hunter Killer" the other day and if I remember right, I gave it a good review. I would have to check, too many "Hunter" or "Hunt" missions out there.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leirus
OK, I played through Tygokor again. I gave you 3 stars.

Combat: It was OK as is on Lieutenant General level. I died three times in the first space battle with the Command Ship and the Carrier. My fitting is quite good, but perhaps I wasn't fully awake yet. The rest of the battles were a piece of cake. Support during the first space battle with the carrier and command... Yeah, they are dead so quickly you could just leave them out. (3 stars)

Technical: I could not complete the last map, because your Romulan Commander got killed by AOE weapons. I remember that happened the first time with the Original version, too.
(But I replayed the map back then...) Simple solution: Make the objective a reach marker and spawn in the commander after the battle with the two squads guarding him. (1 star) (for now)

Maps: Some are quite nice. I have seen better, I have created far worse. (4stars)

Story: This would be a great LAST episode in a series. As a standalone it feels a bit like: Get out all the big guns and then blast them for no reason. But thats only my opinion.
It also feels pretty straight forward. No optional objectives, no branching dialogue. (2 stars)

I think you could easily get 4 or even 5 stars from me, if you improved the story and made that little change on the technical problem mentioned.

Hope that helps.

PS I think I also played "Hunter Killer" the other day and if I remember right, I gave it a good review. I would have to check, too many "Hunter" or "Hunt" missions out there.
ok thanks for playing.

I have gone back again and cleaned up the end. i had moved him away from the fighting but i guess the firing through walls was still doing him in.

I have made it so be spawns after the combat and even added a little forcefield so people dont hit the reach marker too early. it should (fingers crossed) work now its been republished.

the initial fight is meant to be tough, but not that tough. ive never had an issues, so ill just leave and wait to see what people think. i really dont want to nerf it as its meant to be a bit full on.

i did add about 4 or 5 optional things to do. they are sort of like Easter eggs so you can walk right past them in fairness but they are there.

i totally understand why you would say it feels like its the end to a story and needs a part 1 and 2. in many ways it is a big climatic action ep but i wanted to throw people into the action straight away, then start revealing the story.

adding a part 1 and 2 would totally destroy the story that im telling as its a sort of a mystery story in a way. its meant to be like this. you're not really supposed to fully understand what's going on, because your characters does not know what's going on either at this stage. its a mystery that gets revealed over time. hopefully once its all complete it will make total sense.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-07-2011, 12:46 PM
I will re-test it one of these days to see what you have added.

The first fight I don't blame you for. I have complete Aegis set and good weapons mostly, but perhaps I wasn't fully concentrated.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-07-2011, 03:37 PM
I added your mission to the level progression for the Klingon Experience Project - hopefully this will lead to more plays as it updates.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i did add about 4 or 5 optional things to do. they are sort of like Easter eggs so you can walk right past them in fairness but they are there.
Just played for the first time tonight. Either I completely missed those eggs, or I stumbled on them and thought they were part of the story. Will replay this weekend with my nose to the ground

As for the initial space combat, I fought two carriers (single-ship spawns) that I just couldn't take down solo - but once I kited them into the "support" NPCs, they went down quickly. Then again, I was playing my ground-specc'ed Captain on Advanced flying a raptor without BFAW, and I can see how I could solo 'em if I updated my build... Maybe the reviewer had a similar issue? Regardless, I had no other issues with space combat.

[[ Spoiler Alert ]] Was curious about the named Romulan ship - did I miss a trigger somewhere, or is it just there to fight?
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-12-2011, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolikos
Just played for the first time tonight. Either I completely missed those eggs, or I stumbled on them and thought they were part of the story. Will replay this weekend with my nose to the ground

As for the initial space combat, I fought two carriers (single-ship spawns) that I just couldn't take down solo - but once I kited them into the "support" NPCs, they went down quickly. Then again, I was playing my ground-specc'ed Captain on Advanced flying a raptor without BFAW, and I can see how I could solo 'em if I updated my build... Maybe the reviewer had a similar issue? Regardless, I had no other issues with space combat.

[[ Spoiler Alert ]] Was curious about the named Romulan ship - did I miss a trigger somewhere, or is it just there to fight?
thank you for playing.

but you actually played the spotlight version that they transferred over from tribble not the new one. the new one Is still in the review stage so make sure you become a reviewer and pick the one made by me and not Q. That one had no optional bits as you could not even add optional bits back then. if you play it again it will be interesting to note what you think of the different versions.

The Easter eggs/optional bits in inviso text if you're interested. they range from just a conversations to more interesting decisions and consequences.

a bird of prey in orbit that is scanning
Wounded klingons on ty'gokor.
A damaged borg sphere in quadra sigma.
cloaked birds of prey in orbit of the different gates.
some borg equpipment on the planet surface.
a console in the base.
a couple of partially assimilated romulans in the base.

as for the ship, its totally optional. you can fly past it as its just part of the map.

edit - part 2 is the hunter killer and part 3 is the prisoner (which is also yet to be reviewed)
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-12-2011, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
but you actually played the spotlight version that they transferred over from tribble not the new one. the new one Is still in the review stage so make sure you become a reviewer and pick the one made by me and not Q. That one had no optional bits as you could not even add optional bits back then. if you play it again it will be interesting to note what you think of the different versions.
Ahhh, ok, I'll check that out then.