Lt. Commander
Have you had this happen to you as well? Tell us about it. Did you ****act the respective star-giver or did you just take it without even bothering?

What I do is to such people who don't even take their time to read the description of an episode (I try to keep them short, so you can see all information right away without having to scroll down further), I leave them alone EXCEPT they are well known people in the community and should know better than that.

For example today, I've decided to give a friendly nudge to a certain admiral of a certain large fleet who gave me one star in one of the two episodes I've published (both in GERMAN and explicitely mentioned as such, so English players wouldn't even have to bother starting the mission since they couldn't understand anything). His reason was: "Couldn't orbit the last planet and not in English." He didn't even take the time to properly punctuate or check for grammar. Anyway, I could have lived with that, but yeah, he should know better since he's using the forums a lot and he knows how the Foundry works. He couldn't orbit the last planet, because he had no idea what to do. The mission was not to orbit the planet, it was to LEAVE ORBIT...

So, to all those who haven't known up to now: If a mission description has the word "German" or "Deutsch" in it, don't bother playing it, as you will be disappointed or even frustrated without knowing what to do! The same applies to Frenchisodes of course! I don't play French episodes, because I can't speak French. Do I rate them badly because they're French? Guess.

So, feel free to share your opinions on this one, and if you got a rant, speak it out!

~ Eris The Vorta
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-16-2011, 02:03 AM
I'd just shake my head in disappointment and move on. Some people are unreasonable and/or stupid. NO use in making that my problem as well.

I can hope for Cryptic finally fixing their mission language filter, though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-16-2011, 05:07 AM
A forum regular does not a genius make.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-16-2011, 05:25 AM
The @Global Name is shown by the person's review. Why wouldn't you REPORT someone who is doing this?

Perhaps then a GM and/or Mod could "explain" to the person that if they keep their silliness up they risk losing access to the Foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-16-2011, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
A forum regular does not a genius make.
Hey! I take offense...

no, wait, I actually agree.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-16-2011, 06:27 AM
Purragrine, actually it's better to address the issue in a thread like this, rather than report the player. I haven't called any names, but those who have played my mission can review the ratings as well and they see the @ handler, too, so they'll probably tell him. ^^ Besides that, just because a person rated your mission with 1 star, you cannot report him to a GM, it's not a violation of terms.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-16-2011, 06:38 AM
i would not worry to much. i saw something very similar on a german mission. it was obvious to everybody its not an english mission and the reviewer just makes him or herself look foolish. no one will take that review seriously.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-16-2011, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Purragrine, actually it's better to address the issue in a thread like this, rather than report the player. I haven't called any names, but those who have played my mission can review the ratings as well and they see the @ handler, too, so they'll probably tell him. ^^ Besides that, just because a person rated your mission with 1 star, you cannot report him to a GM, it's not a violation of terms.
It can be a violation of terms if he is abusing it. Giving misleading reviews could be considered such abuse. You declared the language you would use, so he cannot use this as a reason to give a negative review.

Otherwise people could run around and make reviews saying: "Not enough Section 31 stuff - 1 Star" or "I hate Remans and would never want to play a mission where help them - 1 Star". (And of course, theoretically the opposite could happen: "I love Section 31 missions, 5 Stars" where your mission is about something else entirely.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-16-2011, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErisTheVorta View Post
Besides that, just because a person rated your mission with 1 star, you cannot report him to a GM, it's not a violation of terms.
The STAR TREK® ONLINE TERMS OF USE state that you have to follow the STAR TREK® ONLINE RULES OF CONDUCT while in game. And according to those rules of conduct, the Atari Community Rules and Policies also apply in game.

This means that "I'm 1 Staring your mission because you don't speak English!" falls under:

Hate Speech – 20 points
You may not create posts and/or private messages that allude to, contain language, comments, references, links, symbols, terms and/or imagery about and/or promote and/or otherwise support, in any manner whether directly or indirectly, hatred, discrimination and/or denigrations based on or related to race, ethnicity, religion, sect, color, national origin, age, gender, familial status, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, etc.

So yeah. According to their own rules the GMs can give players in-game infractions, remove their Foundry access or even ban them from the game entirely for this.