Lt. Commander
# 1 Exchange on the Bridge
05-18-2011, 05:06 AM
Need Cash Quick Cryptic? Got a tip

This message is for Cryptic, there something you could make available in the C-Store and very simply in the game which I (and I susspect many others) would be willing to pay alot for). So listen up =].

Put a product in C-Store allowing you to buy an Exchange on your Ship Bridge!!!

There you go.. I'd be willing to pay alot for that. In fact, keeping the price higher so less people decide to buy it will make it more appealing.

Then you sell the ability to have a bank on your ship bridge.

Make it per character too .

Go on, you know you want to and I'm sure lots of people would pay for that?

What say you other STO folks?

I think I'd be willing to pay up to $10 for the priviledge of the bank access and over $20 for having access to the exchange.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-18-2011, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggyDude
Need Cash Quick Cryptic? Got a tip

This message is for Cryptic, there something you could make available in the C-Store and very simply in the game which I (and I susspect many others) would be willing to pay alot for). So listen up =].

Put a product in C-Store allowing you to buy an Exchange on your Ship Bridge!!!

There you go.. I'd be willing to pay alot for that. In fact, keeping the price higher so less people decide to buy it will make it more appealing.

Then you sell the ability to have a bank on your ship bridge.

Make it per character too .

Go on, you know you want to and I'm sure lots of people would pay for that?

What say you other STO folks?

I think I'd be willing to pay up to $10 for the priviledge of the bank access and over $20 for having access to the exchange.
I'm going to have to go with no on this one.

IMO there's quite a few things that we should have avaiable VIA our vessels:

Mail in our Ready Room
Bank in our Cargo Bay
A working Sick Bay
A working Engineering Lab for Crafting and for ship repairs
A working Holodeck to run Foundry Missions
A working Shuttle Bay
A working Transporter Room
A working 10 Foward where we can get free standard food items
A working upgradeable Armory where we can get all common - rare Faction issued items stocked for merits/energy credits

The Exchange should always be off ship; if it were on our vessels, we would not really need Space Docks.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-18-2011, 11:23 AM
IIRC the devs say that most of those things are in the works, and you won't have to pay extra for them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-18-2011, 11:24 AM
A Tailor would be a nice addition to the ship; I mean, if Picard can have a barber on his ship, why can't we get a Tailor? lol
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-19-2011, 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOSLover
A Tailor would be a nice addition to the ship; I mean, if Picard can have a barber on his ship, why can't we get a Tailor? lol
Depends on the ship. That was the Galaxy Class meant for long deep space exploration. Other ships wouldn't have nearly the same amenities. It was pointed out throughout the Voyager series that the Intrepid Class ship was not well suited for long term expeditions.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-21-2011, 09:07 AM
Just FYI... it would be a ships lounge or galley, not 10 Forward. 10 Forward was the name given to the lounge on the Enterprise-D. The lounge on Voyager didn't have a name though.. Neelix did try once to get it named "Neelix's Food Shack" but it never stuck.

Oh, and the reason the Enterprise-D's lounge was named 10 Forward was because it was on deck 10 of the saucer and the most forward part of the ship.