Lt. Commander
# 1 STO and Star Trek XI
06-12-2009, 05:28 PM
You may be curious to know how the new Star Trek movie affects Star Trek Online. Wonder no further, as we’ve put together a handy-dandy graphical timeline for your perusal. Also included is a written explanation that explains exactly how the movie and STO can coexist. Give it a look here.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Sweet

Quote:
The fallout of the destruction of Romulus and the upheaval that causes in the Alpha and Beta quadrants creates storytelling opportunities that we at Cryptic didn't even imagine when we first began working on STO.
It seems Cryptic is hinting that at some point they will honor stories from both timelines.

Edit... actually I take that back, It might not mean anything of the sort.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STO View Post
It seems Cryptic is hinting that at some point they will honor stories from both timelines.
Here's hoping they don't. Time travel just serves to make everything feel arbitrary. Don't like what happened? Just time travel back and change it all. You might as well make up an expansion where your character realizes it was all a dream.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-12-2009, 05:41 PM
Let us not over-look this wonderful chart and explanation that Cryptic did for us though. They did a great job, it should help clear up much of the questions people still have.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-12-2009, 05:46 PM
Excellent post. I look forward to adventuring in the prime time-line and hope to be able to travel to the alternate now and then also.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGuitars View Post
Excellent post. I look forward to adventuring in the prime time-line and hope to be able to travel to the alternate now and then also.
dont forget the temporal prime directive. If we do travel to alternative timeline, then you must make sure not to alter their history.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaGuitars View Post
I hope to leave the alternate just where it is and not touch it.

I watched the movie but it shouldn't have anything to do with the game IMO. From the description on the chart page it's just something on the side ... so leave it there.

And ... I don't see how it ties into the game. I mean just from the Countdown comics that lead to some events people talk about? Then Nero disappears with Spock .. then that's where it ends dealing with STO?
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STO View Post
Sweet

Quote:
The fallout of the destruction of Romulus and the upheaval that causes in the Alpha and Beta quadrants creates storytelling opportunities that we at Cryptic didn't even imagine when we first began working on STO.

Edit... actually I take that back, It might not mean anything of the sort.
Yeah, I don't see how it suggests that at all.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekhan
You may be curious to know how the new Star Trek movie affects Star Trek Online. Wonder no further, as we’ve put together a handy-dandy graphical timeline for your perusal. Also included is a written explanation that explains exactly how the movie and STO can coexist. Give it a look here.

Link to the news article.
WOOT!!

Thanks alot Rekhan!! i loved how you put together the timeline!! it keeps everyone happy!! ( i hope)
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-12-2009, 10:45 PM
a very goo read and chart and has cleared up a few things and also tells when the klingons will break off from the treaty