Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Lt. Commander
I am curiuos as to what BOff abilities the community of Raptor pilots see as a "must have" in pvp (or pve) to offset the shortcommings of the Raptor?

I certainly think EPTS, HE, PH, and ST are needed more often than not.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-09-2011, 10:12 AM
As I'm stil at tier 3 with my Liberated Borg Engineer in his Raptor, I can't talk from enough experiance, but I'd say a whole lot of Tactical Team.
Lt. Commander
# 3
"Needs more TacTeam" t-shirts are in the works. :p

Actually I was hoping to start a generic thread on what some think are vital or near vital abilities (and why) for those whom are new to the Raptor or the KDF and are having issues making sense of things.
Lt. Commander
# 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
"Needs more TacTeam" t-shirts are in the works. :p
Something like this?

http://images8.cpcache.com/product/1...olor-Black.jpg

Quote:
Actually I was hoping to start a generic thread on what some think are vital or near vital abilities (and why) for those whom are new to the Raptor or the KDF and are having issues making sense of things.
I'd like something like that, especially since I'm on my way to using one in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 5
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Found the next B-day gift to myself.

Now if I can just find a " Once you go green, You'll know what I mean" shirt.
It confuses the local enviromentalists at first and makes most lol when it is explained.
Lt. Commander
# 6
Quote:

Found the next B-day gift to myself.

Now if I can just find a " Once you go green, You'll know what I mean" shirt.
It confuses the local enviromentalists at first and makes most lol when it is explained.
HMM, I just got an idea for alterntaive,"green" power source.
It involves an Oriona Harem and a machine that collects static electricity generated by...friction.

Anyway I would have thought you're more the "Act and you shall have Dinner, wait and you shall be dinner" type.

http://images3.cpcache.com/product/4...olor-Black.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 7
Quote:
I am curiuos as to what BOff abilities the community of Raptor pilots see as a "must have" in pvp (or pve) to offset the shortcommings of the Raptor?

I certainly think EPTS, HE, PH, and ST are needed more often than not.
I run APO, APB, CRF x 3 (see reason for 3 TT) , TT x 3 (comes in handy when SNB'd I get snb'd a lot), EPtS 1 & 2, HE, and TSS.

Of course running 3 DHCs, 3 Turrets and a tric. It is very nice build for CnH since so many like capping standing still. In arenas it does pretty good. I have thought about going to a QT on the front it just seems QT just do too little damage.
Lt. Commander
# 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
I run APO, APB, CRF x 3 (see reason for 3 TT) , TT x 3 (comes in handy when SNB'd I get snb'd a lot), EPtS 1 & 2, HE, and TSS.

Of course running 3 DHCs, 3 Turrets and a tric. It is very nice build for CnH since so many like capping standing still. In arenas it does pretty good. I have thought about going to a QT on the front it just seems QT just do too little damage.
Compared to a Tric, yeah QT's do less. They do make up for it by having a better firing rate though.
This actually a very similiar build to one of my own abilitywise, except I run 2 DHCs, 1 DBB & 1 QT up front.
Lt. Commander
# 9
Quote:
Compared to a Tric, yeah QT's do less. They do make up for it by having a better firing rate though.
This actually a very similiar build to one of my own abilitywise, except I run 2 DHCs, 1 DBB & 1 QT up front.

I used to run this set up a few months back. Then I tried 1 DBB and 3 DHCs and haven't looked back.

As for abilities, I try to maximize by minimizing shared cool-downs. So you won't see me with PH and HE for instance. TT is great... use it in conjunction with EPTS. I prefer Beta over Omega, mostly do to cool-down length. Also don't underestimate the TSSX abilities.
Lt. Commander
# 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory275 View Post
I used to run this set up a few months back. Then I tried 1 DBB and 3 DHCs and haven't looked back.

As for abilities, I try to maximize by minimizing shared cool-downs. So you won't see me with PH and HE for instance. TT is great... use it in conjunction with EPTS. I prefer Beta over Omega, mostly do to cool-down length. Also don't underestimate the TSSX abilities.
This brings up a good point, the experienced warrior knows about the need for proper CD control and how not to overlap too many power that share a CD.