Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Brel Rules You. Screw Sci
06-09-2011, 10:16 AM
For all of the haters out there, the new bop Brel refit is the pinnacle of stealth combat. The combination of various algorithms capable of being brought to bear in appropriate sequence is the greatest yet available in sto.

Preparation of subsystem targeting under cloak, and the free initiative victory offered by using jam sensors from cstealth grants the user of this bop unprecedented virtual immunity from attack disruption. The addition of a second option for engagement, limited arms usage and corresponding exposure, creates an even more difficult situation for the enemy to predict and counter.

The power of well used Tricobalt torpedoes and mines can not be understated. Even an hyt3 from 10km can significantly impact the battle. A torpedo shot every 3 seconds is clearly advantageous to nothing at all. This combined with the minimized window of exposure to risk for uber offensive sci powers such as cpb and psw means that the presence of a Brel bop in any game changes the playing field greatly.

Now the bad. The lack of cloak functionality for duration skills leaves something to be desired. But clearly.... by ANY logic, a ship activately using deflectors, emitters, or even sensors to impact the battle could be "detected" targeted, and destroyed. Imho, this game lacks "fire here" functionality, so any good player could ALWAYS "detect" a cloaked ship, bringing weapons to bear on that area. Thus, when a ship is engaging tractor, emitting a hazard repair beam, transferring shield strength, or any such gobbletygoop bs, they should RIGHTLY be detected and capable of being destroyed, for the entire duration of such action.

Therefore there is no need to "fix" the brel bop in any way. If a heal bop can not function using spkie heals alone from limited detection (3s >20s) then maybe there shouldnt be one. In many games there is a stealth functionality, and in few does the "healer" deploy a "permanent invisibility" that allows him to operate with impunity. Sanctuary and invisibility spells in every game are often canceled when such an offensive or consistent duration action would occur.


Frankly. If ANY change should occur, ALL HAZ EMITTERS, TRRANSFER SHIELDS, ETC SHOULD TAKE EVERY SHIP OUT OF CLOAK ON USE! both user and recipient. sound hardcore? i want perma death character deletion no respawns real ship destruction. this is nothing, to ***** or actually say anything about,that the brel functions as it is now. If anything.. it is TOO good, and the duration fo decloak should be EXTEN DED! anyone rant off. brel owns you, ha ha sci bop wanna bes go fly gorn
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
06-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
i want perma death character deletion
That's cool. Extending the duration of the current decloak, though, is called "deequipping shields and flying around."

Tell me about some of the cool times you've had with your super stealth ship so far!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
06-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWRicheson View Post
That's cool. Extending the duration of the current decloak, though, is called "deequipping shields and flying around."

Tell me about some of the cool times you've had with your super stealth ship so far!
sure. late join to an arena already under way, i speed in on full impluse tricobalt the weak shield of a fed and he dies as i continue off, still cloaked, and open up with impunity again on another fed. dying alot maybe, fun, for sure
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
06-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Actually i fought against one of these super bops in a kvk match, the super bops team lost 15-1, i thought it was a poor ship tbh, tho on only one fight one cannot discount pilot error
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
06-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
For all of the haters out there, the new bop Brel refit is the pinnacle of stealth combat. The combination of various algorithms capable of being brought to bear in appropriate sequence is the greatest yet available in sto.

Preparation of subsystem targeting under cloak, and the free initiative victory offered by using jam sensors from cstealth grants the user of this bop unprecedented virtual immunity from attack disruption. The addition of a second option for engagement, limited arms usage and corresponding exposure, creates an even more difficult situation for the enemy to predict and counter.

The power of well used Tricobalt torpedoes and mines can not be understated. Even an hyt3 from 10km can significantly impact the battle. A torpedo shot every 3 seconds is clearly advantageous to nothing at all. This combined with the minimized window of exposure to risk for uber offensive sci powers such as cpb and psw means that the presence of a Brel bop in any game changes the playing field greatly.

Now the bad. The lack of cloak functionality for duration skills leaves something to be desired. But clearly.... by ANY logic, a ship activately using deflectors, emitters, or even sensors to impact the battle could be "detected" targeted, and destroyed. Imho, this game lacks "fire here" functionality, so any good player could ALWAYS "detect" a cloaked ship, bringing weapons to bear on that area. Thus, when a ship is engaging tractor, emitting a hazard repair beam, transferring shield strength, or any such gobbletygoop bs, they should RIGHTLY be detected and capable of being destroyed, for the entire duration of such action.

Therefore there is no need to "fix" the brel bop in any way. If a heal bop can not function using spkie heals alone from limited detection (3s >20s) then maybe there shouldnt be one. In many games there is a stealth functionality, and in few does the "healer" deploy a "permanent invisibility" that allows him to operate with impunity. Sanctuary and invisibility spells in every game are often canceled when such an offensive or consistent duration action would occur.


Frankly. If ANY change should occur, ALL HAZ EMITTERS, TRRANSFER SHIELDS, ETC SHOULD TAKE EVERY SHIP OUT OF CLOAK ON USE! both user and recipient. sound hardcore? i want perma death character deletion no respawns real ship destruction. this is nothing, to ***** or actually say anything about,that the brel functions as it is now. If anything.. it is TOO good, and the duration fo decloak should be EXTEN DED! anyone rant off. brel owns you, ha ha sci bop wanna bes go fly gorn


The B'rels cloak is BROKEN. It doesnt even function like the battle cloak. You are full of it Joe. I don't care if "YOU" think it's ok. There are a ton of us that are ****ed off about it. As a matter of fact why dont you go log onto tribble and see how it works. The B'rel is acually workling right on tribble as we speak. It shouldn't uncloak when it does without shields and you know it. Quit trying to make it seem like this is ok, it's not. The problem is that SOMEONE ELSE can heal you with HE or TSS and pop you out of cloak with no shields for 15 seconds. THE OTHER BOPS DON"T DO THAT SO WHY SHOULD THE B'REL?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
06-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Emojoe is known for his false information. Let's correct it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
For all of the haters out there, the new bop Brel refit is the pinnacle of stealth combat. The combination of various algorithms capable of being brought to bear in appropriate sequence is the greatest yet available in sto.

Preparation of subsystem targeting under cloak, and the free initiative victory offered by using jam sensors from cstealth grants the user of this bop unprecedented virtual immunity from attack disruption. The addition of a second option for engagement, limited arms usage and corresponding exposure, creates an even more difficult situation for the enemy to predict and counter.

All BoP's from Tier 1 to Tier 5 except for the B'rel are capable vessels when using stealth tactics to deliver a lethal payload. The B'Rel cannot, it must rely on its teammates to expose a shield facing. While it’s waiting, it fails to contribute to the battle at hand.

The so called tactic to jam sensors is available to all, and is in no way unique to the B'Rel. Nor does it give it an added edge over the Hegh’Ta. Oh and we all know BoP's do not have subsystem targetting.

Quote:

The power of well used Tricobalt torpedoes and mines can not be understated. Even an hyt3 from 10km can significantly impact the battle. A torpedo shot every 3 seconds is clearly advantageous to nothing at all. This combined with the minimized window of exposure to risk for uber offensive sci powers such as cpb and psw means that the presence of a Brel bop in any game changes the playing field greatly.
Tricobalts are not unique to the B'Rel, and can also be easily countered by AoE, Beam Attacks, Turret Fire, and much more. The Tricobalt bomber suffers from one very huge drawback. Launching a mine/torpedo places all Tricobalt devices on a 30 second global cool down, while the weapon that fired it takes a full 60 seconds to be available. It would be better to load it with various torpedo/mine types giving it more versatility. All other torpedo types can be fired every 3 seconds; as long as no BO powers are used to enhance the attack but the overall damage of torps versus shields is so little in comparison that you’re not even capable of providing sustained DPS.

Below is some data on Damage vs. Shields.

Photon Torpedpo - average damage to shields - 371 (3694) Kinetic Damage
Quantum Torpedpo - average damage to shields - 567 (5665) Kinetic Damage
Plasma Torpedpo - average damage to shields - 284 (2840) Kinetic Damage
Chroniton Torpedpo - average damage to shields - 525 (5250) Kinetic Damage
Transphasic Torpedo - average damage to shields - 950 (3100) Kinetic Damage -20% applied to hull
Tricobalt Torpedo - average damage to shields - 1852 (18,557) Kinetic Damage

Quote:

Now the bad. The lack of cloak functionality for duration skills leaves something to be desired. But clearly.... by ANY logic, a ship activately using deflectors, emitters, or even sensors to impact the battle could be "detected" targeted, and destroyed. Imho, this game lacks "fire here" functionality, so any good player could ALWAYS "detect" a cloaked ship, bringing weapons to bear on that area. Thus, when a ship is engaging tractor, emitting a hazard repair beam, transferring shield strength, or any such gobbletygoop bs, they should RIGHTLY be detected and capable of being destroyed, for the entire duration of such action.

Therefore there is no need to "fix" the brel bop in any way. If a heal bop can not function using spkie heals alone from limited detection (3s >20s) then maybe there shouldnt be one. In many games there is a stealth functionality, and in few does the "healer" deploy a "permanent invisibility" that allows him to operate with impunity. Sanctuary and invisibility spells in every game are often canceled when such an offensive or consistent duration action would occur.


Frankly. If ANY change should occur, ALL HAZ EMITTERS, TRRANSFER SHIELDS, ETC SHOULD TAKE EVERY SHIP OUT OF CLOAK ON USE! both user and recipient. sound hardcore? i want perma death character deletion no respawns real ship destruction. this is nothing, to ***** or actually say anything about,that the brel functions as it is now. If anything.. it is TOO good, and the duration fo decloak should be EXTEN DED! anyone rant off. brel owns you, ha ha sci bop wanna bes go fly gorn

What EmoeJoe is saying here that cloaked ships actively using power to operate systems creates a method that can be used to detect it and he tries to use logic to back his viewpoint. I found this funny, since logic examines general forms which arguments may take, which forms are valid, and which are fallacies. So, this hypothesis would have to be supported by canon. So, we have to ask how are cloaked ships detected? While under a cloak a ship can leave behind tachyons which exist as the byproducts of the use of many technologies in star trek, including transporters. They also exhist naturally and can often be associated with time travel or temporal anomalies.The use of a cloaking device often left residual antiprotons that could expose the ship's presence. So as we can see, using abilities on the ship did not generate the two known methonds for detecting a cloaked vessel. I hope you find this part interesting, and if you want to learn more about the technology of Star Trek feel free to do so.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
06-09-2011, 10:16 AM
I disagree that the B'rel's Enhanced Cloak, concerning Hazard Emitters, Transfer Shield Strength, and the Subspace Field Modulator is working as intended.

I don't disagree that healing powers should reveal you, when YOU use them for the standard 2 seconds. But not for the entire duration of the power(s) in question.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
06-09-2011, 10:16 AM
No other cloaked ship is revealed from healing or being healed.
IF they make all ships decloak from heals then I could see it but I dont think its necessary.

So I think they should not be revealed either.

3 seconds revealed for torpedo launches makes sense to me but I think they really need to fix the heal issue.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
06-09-2011, 10:16 AM
no other cloaked ship can throw heals while cloaked you dullard
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
06-09-2011, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhansWrath
no other cloaked ship can throw heals while cloaked you dullard
That is true... however if your flying next to me cloaked and "I" heal you you DO NOT decloak... You DO NOT become visable. As it is now the Brel DOES. This makes it a piece.... you battle cloak to run... I as a nice guy hit you with hazard emitters... you are now UNCLOAKED for 15 seconds with NO SHIELDING.

I would assume this is not the way it was intended to work.... as the brel is on live right now it is the WORST ship in the game hands down. It could be a bug but Cryptic hasn't said so.... It could be that they pre nerfed as a few feds had the silly idea it would be some unstoppable heal bot... which is silly and posed by people that had obviously NOT tested it while it was on tribble... either way they need to do something to correct the way the brel cloak works.

As it is on tribble... its a quirky death trap that could still be fun... if not all that effective.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:44 AM.