Lt. Commander
# 1 Engineering Consoles
06-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Hey folks.

I've been looking at all of the engineering consoles, and after all this time I'm still not sure what to go with. As a sci ship, should I focus on consoles to boost aux power? I try to shield tank as well, so would boosts to shield power be more effective?

Any help is appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
Booster Modulator boosts your Aux. I always run with at least 1 of those.

If you're in an Intrepid/RSV, I highly recommend using a Field Generator in your other slot. Every ship should run with one of those, imo (and only one, since they don't stack).

If you're looking to boost your shield power, look at a Field Emitter.
Lt. Commander
# 3
Quote:
Booster Modulator boosts your Aux. I always run with at least 1 of those.

If you're in an Intrepid/RSV, I highly recommend using a Field Generator in your other slot. Every ship should run with one of those, imo (and only one, since they don't stack).

If you're looking to boost your shield power, look at a Field Emitter.
Ah, didn't say my ship. Long Range Sci Retrofit.

Thank's for the info MVS5191.
Lt. Commander
# 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStrykerx
Ah, didn't say my ship. Long Range Sci Retrofit.

Thank's for the info MVS5191.
Yep, no problem.

What power levels are you running that? That'll help determine if a Booster Modulator is even needed at all. But I highly recommend a Field Generator.
Lt. Commander
# 5
Weapons: 105/100
Shields: 55/50
Engines: 25/25
Aux: 40/25
Lt. Commander
# 6
Quote:
Weapons: 105/100
Shields: 55/50
Engines: 25/25
Aux: 40/25
imo, you're definitely going to want to have your Aux set to 50.

If you set your Aux to 50, max out Aux Performance/Efficiency, and load up on a Booster Modulator, you can have 90 Aux.

I do the above and run with a Borg Deflector/Engines and have the following levels:

114 Weapons
52 Shields
57 Engines
95 Aux
Lt. Commander
# 7
Quote:
Hey folks.

I've been looking at all of the engineering consoles, and after all this time I'm still not sure what to go with. As a sci ship, should I focus on consoles to boost aux power? I try to shield tank as well, so would boosts to shield power be more effective?

Any help is appreciated.
the 35% shield capacity engineer console is a must on any ship, and then yes an aux console will ensure you are running at 125 aux, while still having high shield power. as far as weapons go be a torpedo boat and use your science powers to crush your targets shields. my klingon science ship uses dual photon launchers and repulsors 3 with targeting of shield systems and shield drains to utterly annihilate all who oppose me. ive crushed dreadnaughts with just the fully buffed repulsors by charging them at high speed with evasive and keeping myself within the 5km range, shoving them 30+km from friends to heal them while dealing massive damage with each pulse all the while pounding them with my dual beam bank (which sat in the low 70s for power setting with shields over 100 and aux maxed at 125) and torpedoes raining down upon it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
The field generator is essential, as everyone has said so far. Id also argue that if you don't need the extra aux power, you could also benefit from the field emitter console (+13% shield regen, I think), especially if you're running the borg set. Alternatively, if you switch power levels a lot (from high aux to high weapons, and vice versa) then an EPS console would work well for you.