Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>

Really i thought some of you were better than this but i guess i was wrong.

Anyone who's played pvp for along time knows that the community took a big hit with the latest FAW change and hasn't really since recovered.
Its slowly at the moment starting to recover but using lame skills isn't helping.
Most of [fleet] left due to FAW cheese as did alot of other players, but our guys re-subbed, on the idea that we may get some regular cheese free matches going, but venturing into the arenas has shown that while cheese is still widely used in pugs, its not really a problem due to the lack of pug skills and coordination.

When it becomes a problem is when entire premade teams or fleets are using it, against other fleets or pugs.
The matches are not fun, and show a clear lack of skill and honor by the fleet using broken skills. There is no reason to use these skills anymore.

[fleet] used to have players that played with whatever they wanted and used cheese setups and they were kicked. Simple as that.

Our fleet would like to have regular pug matches vs other teams outside of tourneys that use the same proposed tourny rules, without them we see no reason to continue to play. I would ask that all fleets abide by such rules when playing the game. Obviously we can't enforce pugs but fleet leaders can control there fleet members.
More fun for fleets, more fun for pugs and hopefully the more people will queue up and pvp will continue to improve.

I personally would rather lose a match in a good fight and be outplayed by better teamwork than win using cheese. You don't win anything if you don't have the respect of your opponent

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies ~<GM Jahia>
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-13-2011, 05:55 PM
Hello.

I completely agree with what you are trying to tell us.

I do not speak for all members of my fleet, but we try to keep our regular PvP team as fair as possible, like FaW, I must admit one of our members does use SS and shockwave but no excessive Mine spam, Charged Particle Burst, an all round Science spam or whatnot. etcetera etcetera.

If they would do it in our pvp team, it are mostly the newcomers and we try to get these people to use conventional means of winning a battle.

Fleet, "De Verdedigers". (Dutch, NL)
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Just to be clear, this is what is deemed as the broken skill list by the tsiday organizers:

Rules..
No scramble sensors
No Mines (karífi mine spawns allowed)
No harípeng torpedoes
No Breen torpedoes (mines)
No Scorpion fighters
No Fire at will

-------------------

It's very disappointing to see the "best" teams out there resorting to this garbage. As a team, Qew came back to play in Fun games (hoping the above rules would become a standard by any respectable players and teams) and provide a challenge/goal for other teams and raise the level of competition. Using these skills does nothing for the game except make people quit.

We have nothing to gain or prove in this game. We've done it all and we're just looking to make the game the best it can be, as we truly love the game when its played without the broken skills. We thought the community was onboard, but as Viper said, arenas are proving otherwise. Play with honour.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-13-2011, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
Just to be clear, this is what is deemed as the broken skill list by the tsiday organizers:

Rules..
No scramble sensors
No harípeng torpedoes
No Scorpion fighters
No Fire at will

-------------------
as a quick point out i banned mines because faw is broken. once faw gets fixed i may allow mines back in.

as to the op, i personally dont feel its a good idea to make a list like this simply becase all it takes is one "idiot" to then ruin it for everyone else. and it may then give the wrong impression about a fleet that may have only one person using a couple of those things but then the entire fleet gets "black listed" and people then avoid them.

(i think this happens with tsi too, we have some overnighters that use some stuff and then the entire fleet gets called out on it which fustrates me because we're a fleet that doesnt its memebers how to play.)
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-13-2011, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
as a quick point out i banned mines because faw is broken. once faw gets fixed i may allow mines back in.

as to the op, i personally dont feel its a good idea to make a list like this simply becase all it takes is one "idiot" to then ruin it for everyone else. and it may then give the wrong impression about a fleet that may have only one person using a couple of those things but then the entire fleet gets "black listed" and people then avoid them.

(i think this happens with tsi too, we have some overnighters that use some stuff and then the entire fleet gets called out on it which fustrates me because we're a fleet that doesnt its memebers how to play.)
just dont be willy nilly with saying "all fleetxyz uses HACKS! every game!" we all have been down that road. even those level headewd voices get drowned out by the rage sometimes. keep this as an AFFIRMATION thread that positively lists people who agree and follow suit, instead of a BLACKLIST thread that lists names of people that dont comply. seems commonsense
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-13-2011, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
Maybe in todays cliamte its time to clamp down on these members then, theres no way on this earth I'd ever let anyone use broken skills/exploits and fly with the QEW tag, no warning, we all know the rules, instant kick.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-13-2011, 07:08 PM
I respect the restraint.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-14-2011, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
Maybe in todays cliamte its time to clamp down on these members then, theres no way on this earth I'd ever let anyone use broken skills/exploits and fly with the QEW tag, no warning, we all know the rules, instant kick.
I really respect you for this statement. I just do my dailies now and forget about pvp. The garbage has really made the game feel hollow.

I don't use cheese either. In 7th Core, we are reluctant to even run SS,.. and if somebody decides to.. no more than 1. This, of course, puts every team we run at a major disadvantage.. since most of what we run into is SS, SS, SS, SS, SS, SNB, SNB, SNB, FAW, FAW, FAW .. and here have some mines too.

Gets old.

On the upside, ... 7'th Core now has a new virtual drinking game. Every time Trip needs heals or a science team, we take a drink.

TS is full of Trip saying "Trip needs heals... Trip needs science team." 3 minutes in and we would be dead drunk lol.

We have to police ourselves or this is all going down the toilet... fast.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post

Rules..
No scramble sensors
No harípeng torpedoes
No Scorpion fighters
No Fire at will

-------------------

It's very disappointing to see the "best" teams out there resorting to this garbage. As a team, Qew came back to play in Fun games (hoping the above rules would become a standard by any respectable players and teams) and provide a challenge/goal for other teams and raise the level of competition. Using these skills does nothing for the game except make people quit.

We have nothing to gain or prove in this game. We've done it all and we're just looking to make the game the best it can be, as we truly love the game when its played without the broken skills. We thought the community was onboard, but as Viper said, arenas are proving otherwise. Play with honour.
i think the point will soon come that the only people using these skills will be those noob unskilled players who honestly, need the crutch to muster but a few kills. i think the respectavble fellows from qew would find as wog did tonight reasonably challenging feds not akin to abusing any one of the listed taboos to any extreme. Victory is possible, and all the more sweeter, for those who do indeed earn it honorably. good games always
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-13-2011, 09:09 PM
Good luck.
Closed Thread