Lt. Commander
# 1 New BOFFs
06-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Ok, I'm not anti c-store I use it quite a lot. However, I think the way that the new BOFF's are being done takes the **** completely, people who have previously bought the caiten as playable race will be even more annoyed.

100CP/AT to buy one, but only one... YOU CAN'T CLAIM ANY MORE?! So like the Lib Borg I bought the other day, can claim as many as I like. But if you wanted another for a second character you would have to spend ANOTHER 100CP/AT. Anyone else think this is a real **** take? I don't mind buying something like that once but having to do it multiple times if you have more than one toon is a real kick in the teeth. For XP boosts etc and other services yeah it makes sense, but for a BOFF it's ridiculous. I was thinking of buying both just because they're different, but I won't be now... not until they make them like every other item.

You guys can't be ok with this... right?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-16-2011, 11:51 AM
That is pretty bad. You have my sympathy. I wish there was some actual feedback that would make a dent on c-store issues but ... it's been my experience that it's kind of like talking to a brick wall. Which sucks.

But I think you raise a very good point.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-16-2011, 11:57 AM
They've said they will be putting in a way to get them in-game (a mission or maybe emblems). Wait until they do that. My concern is that the purchased BOffs can be sold on the Exchange for ECs (which is one step from buying ECs with real world money).

EDIT: They're off the C-Store as of this writing (they were there like 15 minutes ago). I think the Devs saw that people were buying them and posting them on the Exchange for over a million ECs a pop.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Interesting, it was just pulled from c-store already, must be a bug
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-16-2011, 11:59 AM
either a bug as you say, or he tried to buy his second just as the cstore pulled them (rumour has it , they may be none tradeable soon)
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmick View Post
Interesting, it was just pulled from c-store already, must be a bug
There is indeed a bug; I'm very sorry about the problem. We're working on getting them fixed up and back online as quickly as possible! That they were tradeable was actually not the bug, by the way, that was our intent and still is for now.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-16-2011, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
There is indeed a bug; I'm very sorry about the problem. We're working on getting them fixed up and back online as quickly as possible! That they were tradeable was actually not the bug, by the way, that was our intent and still is for now.
Those of us who already picked them up... are we at risk for something negative due to the bug?
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Those of us who already picked them up... are we at risk for something negative due to the bug?
Only if you bought the item for your KDF officer. KDF characters cannot use these items. Please contact CS if you bought one and are stuck with this commission on your KDF character.

The fix for this is going live right now as we take down the servers briefly!
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-16-2011, 04:48 PM
two questions...

1. Did they fix the Caitian fur/hair/mane like they should have?!?

2. Can you purchase multiple Catian Boffs to fill you Bridge crew?!?

if 1. is a no, then a disappointed "maybe next Season"...

if 2, is a yes, then the devs need to hurry the heck up so i can buy 5 Boffs and caitian Captain, and name my ships the U.S.S. Litterbox - Speaky Mouse - Catnip - Special Kitty - Meowmix - Furball - etc. at nauseum.

What other Ship names can you come up with to fit the Theme?
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-16-2011, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Only if you bought the item for your KDF officer. KDF characters cannot use these items. Please contact CS if you bought one and are stuck with this commission on your KDF character.

The fix for this is going live right now as we take down the servers briefly!
Any reason why Caitians don't work for the Klingon Faction? If memory serves, no word was actually stated that Caitians are/were a member of the Federation, other than having 1 serving on the Enterprise in TAS (which is considered non-canon by most sources).

I understand Aenar being Fed Only as they are essentially just an offshoot of the Andorians (one of the founding members of the Federation). But certainly Caitians should be possible for both factions?

Klingons have it bad enough, why aren't there more releases of EQUAL content for both factions, instead of lopsiding content to the Feds, and then possibly giving a bone to the Klingons?