Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Lt. Commander
I'm eager to see some new fed variants now I've seen the awesome new klingon ones. I hope we get another cool looking Constitution refit variant so I can give my Excalibur class variant an update.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-20-2011, 12:58 PM
i'm all for this i won't care if they're unfinished models (like the Enterprise-F clay model), or whatever the rough stages are, I just want an idea of what they are, or just a few of them

please, devs?
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-20-2011, 01:02 PM
Those are listed under 'In Development' Not S4 according to the newest Engineering Report.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Well, Season 4 lasts until the release of Season 5. So they may not be in for the START of S4, but come during its duration.

Currently the only variants "in" for the launch are 2 new BOPs for the KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-20-2011, 01:38 PM
<sits quietly and patiently awaits his TOS Rommie Bird of Prey from Balance of Terror> sigh...
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-20-2011, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyryck
<sits quietly and patiently awaits his TOS Rommie Bird of Prey from Balance of Terror> sigh...

Personally I want my D'Deridex class warbird with a passion...though if I end up with a TOS warbird I'm going to have to name it Bloodwing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-20-2011, 01:39 PM
As part of Season 4, Stahl mentioned there were something like 13-14 ship variants coming to the game. That puts them in anytime before the launch of Season 4 and the launch of Season 5, and according to Cryptic, that makes it Season 4 content.

I, too, am curious about these ships. I'd like to know if they're flat out variants of existing classes or new classes altogether.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Those are listed under 'In Development' Not S4 according to the newest Engineering Report.
The devs (especially Stahl) have repeatedly stated in "Ask Cryptics" and various thread replies that the new variants are "part" of S4. They probably won't be out first-day, but more likely released shortly after in various updates and such. Anyone remember the T5 ship costumes (Imperial, Nomad, etc.) being listed as a feature of Season 2 but coming out in "installments" after the main update? Most likely it'll be the same situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulDreamer
I, too, am curious about these ships. I'd like to know if they're flat out variants of existing classes or new classes altogether.
I believe it was in either the May or June "Ask Cryptic" that someone asked if there'd ever be any new Cryptic-designed ships, and dstahl referenced these new variants. Thus, I'm willing to bet that at least some of 'em will be brand-new, though God willing there'll be a Steamrunner and/or a Norway in there somewhere...
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-21-2011, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainWallis View Post
I'm eager to see some new fed variants now I've seen the awesome new klingon ones. I hope we get another cool looking Constitution refit variant so I can give my Excalibur class variant an update.
Yeah i'm curious to see them too.

Even some concept drawings would be enough for now, i just hope that some good looking assault cruiser and T5 Excelsior stuff will be added.

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-22-2011, 09:31 PM
I would be so happy if we could get this skin for either the Assault Cruiser or the T5 Excelsior (especially the Excelsior desperatly needs a different costume and it wouln't hurt if it would look good for a change )

More than that i just hope that we could get some more smooth versions of the ship parts we already have something like this would be very nice IMO:
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/...pylons0001.jpg

I have smoothen the pylons and made them a bit more narrow and i reduced the lenght of the nacelles about 20% also. I think it would be awesome if we could have finally the chance to make aesteticly, and elegant looking ships with the new parts that are coming.
(Note: the pylons are still wider than ths sovereigns and the nacelles look more compact and not so vulnerable lookin like the sovereigns.)
If we could get some pylons that look a bit like this and additionally pylons that are facing forward like on picture 2, 3, and 4 LINK it would be awesome.
Additionally picture 6 features a lot of good designs, except the left one (the nacelles are just too long), i am sure those ships would look really great in game.
Especially the one on top and the one right down at the bottom look really cool, IMHO.
(I think they would work as Excelsior variants, since those concept ships are ment to be smaller but still related to the Sovereign.)

Maybe this is a bit off topic, but if we could get the option to Flip some Pylons from facing forwrd to facing backwards or vice versa, i think there would be some real good options with the ship parts that are already in the game.
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/...Kitbash001.jpg
Please forgive the bad picture, but i hope you guys can see what i mean.

And devs, don't be afraid we will buy additional ship parts when they are in the C-Store, if they look good.

Live long and prosper.