Lt. Commander
Hello everyone!

We're here to gather the questions for the next Ask Cryptic for the month of July!

Please do keep in mind that we can only talk about Star Trek Online game related questions. We know you'd like to hear more about Atari's offers for the sale of Cryptic Studios, but that's not something we can cover here. Once we have information regarding that, we'll be sure to share it.

In the meantime: You've had a chance to check out Season 4 and I am sure you're burning with questions! Let's have them here.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Before I forget, a definite congratulations from me, and a pat on the back for series 4, now for my questions:

Is there any new info on plotlines for the new Featured Series in series 4?

When do you imagine the Gamma and Delta quadrant's will be opened up to explore, what series would you like to see them in?
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Now that we'll hopefully be well on the way into Season 4 by the answering of this...what's the word on Season 5?

Lt. Commander
# 4
06-20-2011, 01:26 PM
When can the KDF expect to see a T5 K'Tinga retrofit? It was first mentioned it was coming back when we were told about the Vor'cha and B'rel T5 ships but has since seemed to vanish, its probably the most requested ship from the KDF side of the game ( and also probably the most iconic KDF ship in Trek) and would make a very welcome addition to the T5 roster of ships we currently have available.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Currently, the only thing we know about the Marauding system is that it will be tied to Duty Officers. The Federation Diplomatic Corps exists outside the Duty Officer system, but DXP can also be earned via that system. Will Marauding eventually be made a separate system we can also pursue in normal gameplay? For instance, will you make it so we can earn MXP for certain types of exploration missions, the transport raids, etcetera, and will there be special missions only available once in a while? As an example, the FDC gets access to unique First Contact missions, would such a Marauding system give access to, for example only, special "Annexation" missions, where we take over a planet's government and bring it into the Empire?

Also, is there any additional word on whether the BoP animations will be made optional? I know it is a lot of work, but you must realize that introducing something 8 months after launch that totally ruins the looks of some people's characters isn't going to be taken well by some people (and yes our ships are as much characters as the ones with 2 legs). Would there be a possibility of simply adding "fixed wing" versions of the BoPs, with identical stats but lack animations? Surely, you didn't delete the old models that lacked the animation skeletons.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-20-2011, 01:21 PM
After testing Season 4 on Tribble, I was wondering if we can change the way your Boff abilities is in 2 Tierd stack instead of the one row?
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-20-2011, 01:25 PM
What hopes do you have for the Duty Officer System for both factions?
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-20-2011, 01:30 PM
1) Can we please get a dynamic Shield Regeneration and Shield Damange Reduction stat display added to the UI (more info)?

2) Can we please get an account-wide unlockable ship and BO slots option in the C-Store?

3) I saw additional Bank Space on the Engineering Report, have you an ETA for that?

4) Will you also be adding an "Account Bank" for sharing items between toons on the same Account?

5) Direct X 11 is going to be in Season 4 (Thanks!). Can you give us some technical revelations on what specific features from DX11 that STO is/will be using?

Edit:
6) Will you please add some organization to the costume list UI, at the very least let us keep it alphabetized? Then we can control the order by renaming the costumes.

7) Also, can you add a scroll bar to the Change Costume menu? Once you reach about 40 costumes you can no longer see your whole list (Yes, I have that many slots in use, and I'm not the only one. You're welcome. ).

Thank you for your time.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-20-2011, 01:35 PM
1. Are there any plans to add an option to change your race and traits -like a respec?
2. Do we get an option to store/mail Bridge Officers in order to train them on different toons or exchange them in our fleets internally?
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-20-2011, 01:35 PM
In the latest Priority One Interview, Dstahl mentioned getting work done on either a Sovereign or a Galaxy interior to match some of the work done on the TOS interior. Is it really either/or and if so is there going to be a vote taken to see which or is it an internal dev choice?
Closed Thread