Lt. Commander
# 1 Spawn Campers
06-21-2011, 03:12 PM
Is there anything that can be done about spawn campers? I mean seriously they don't even give anyone a chance to get situated. It really ****es me off.
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-21-2011, 03:19 PM
I LOVE THEM! But not all the time. There needs to be a counter ofc - not all of us have cloaks.
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-21-2011, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamup69 View Post
Is there anything that can be done about spawn campers? I mean seriously they don't even give anyone a chance to get situated. It really ****es me off.
Leave the spawn point ASAP. If you are not there you are not camped. Engine battery + evasive for the win.

If you respawn and are camped, DON'T keep pressing the respawn button. Tell your friends to come help you or tell the other guy/team to stop camping or you won't respawn. They can't finish the match without kills and if you don't respawn they can't get kills.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-21-2011, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Danger
Leave the spawn point ASAP. If you are not there you are not camped. Engine battery + evasive for the win.
This. Even if they pursue, they'll have to burn the same things to do it, making them take time to get back. Making the enemy spread out breaks their blockade.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Tractor Repulsors work as well, push them away so you can make for your escape. But the biggest thing is to move from your spawn point.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-22-2011, 11:12 AM
Quote:

this doesnt work always, before you hit engine battrey and evasive your in tractor or they target engines so you aint going anywhere fast.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-23-2011, 04:22 AM
Ask them nicely not to do it. Youd be surprised how many players will ablige you. If they dont just take names and remember them for the next time so you can get some revenge kills
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-23-2011, 05:03 AM
If you're getting camped, theres little you can do about it. Try to coordinate with your team so that multiple people spawn at once.

The best solution is to just find another match/instance. Once players get whipped into a spawn-camping frenzy, it almost never stops. I'm guilty of this as much as anyone else.

Ofcourse it might be that you are arrogant, trash-talking douche, in which case people are deliberately trying to **** you off so you ragequit. :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-23-2011, 05:32 AM
hehe talking about those damn fleet engaging the enemy as fast as possible using full impulse.. we tried staying at spawn a few games.. on average it took about 5-6 min before the enemy reached us.
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-30-2011, 12:16 PM
Quote:
If you respawn and are camped, DON'T keep pressing the respawn button. Tell your friends to come help you or tell the other guy/team to stop camping or you won't respawn. They can't finish the match without kills and if you don't respawn they can't get kills.

This

If they won't leave just don't respawn. Yeah they might still win because they have more kills but if you don't play their game it's not fun for them and if you can't have fun than neither should they. Laugh at them as they send you hate messages for not giving them a target to kill and calling you a coward (because 5 guys destroying a ship before the game even loads on your client side is SOOOO brave, right?)

This is a game, not a real war so play nice. It's supposed to be fun. That doesn't mean that everyone should win to have fun but using cheap tricks to dominate and trying to rationalize spawn camping as "well if they didn't want to be camped they shouldn't suck so much lol" doesn't make it fun for both parties because we all know that it's not that simple.

If you want to camp go play Call of Duty. This is Star Trek, act civilized and game with honor.