Lt. Commander
It would be great to have a dev comment on the Bridge Officer layout for the new Enterprise F, or tell us when we can expect official word.

I'm sure everyone has their preferences on what the layout will be. Here's mine:

Commander Engineering
Lieutenant Commander Engineering
Lieutenant Commander Tactical
Ensign Tactical
Lieutenant Science
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-26-2011, 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampeiyre
It would be great to have a dev comment on the Bridge Officer layout for the new Enterprise F, or tell us when we can expect official word.

I'm sure everyone has their preferences on what the layout will be. Here's mine:

Commander Engineering
Lieutenant Commander Engineering
Lieutenant Commander Tactical
Ensign Tactical
Lieutenant Science
I'd like to see, Commander engineering, lt commander engineering, lt commander science, lt commander tatical, Lt universal. (I'm assume it's tier 6 )
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
I'd like to see, Commander engineering, lt commander engineering, lt commander science, lt commander tatical, Lt universal. (I'm assume it's tier 6 )
There is no such thing as Tier 6. So, what you describe would be ridiculously imbalanced and overpowered.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-26-2011, 10:07 AM
Quote:
There is no such thing as Tier 6. So, what you describe would be ridiculously imbalanced and overpowered.
There is no such thing as tier 6 yet. I think many people have assumed that there's going to be one eventually and that the new flagship would be a start. I don't think the OPs layout is overpowered, but it is a little imbalanced towards engineering. But, cruisers are supposed to swing that way. So, I don't know.
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-26-2011, 10:27 AM
I suspect that the Ent-F will be another Tier 5.5 ship, like the VA retrofits, not quite Tier 5 but not Tier 6 either. Last I heard, Tier 6 was being saved for Fleet Admiral, after the level cap gets raised, which isn't happening any time soon.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Quote:
I suspect that the Ent-F will be another Tier 5.5 ship, like the VA retrofits, not quite Tier 5 but not Tier 6 either. Last I heard, Tier 6 was being saved for Fleet Admiral, after the level cap gets raised, which isn't happening any time soon.
yeah... that's the mostly likely thing to happen
personally, I'd prefer the Enterprise-F class to be Tier 6, but unless Fleet Admiral level cap magicially appears outta nowhere on holodeck, it's not gonna happen
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-26-2011, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Agreed ... It has to be on par with the current layouts of current ship BO power / ability levels.

I don't believe we will go much beyond what we have currently. What I do see (off subject for a moment) is the introduction of a first officer as well support ships whenever they raise the cap.

For this new class, gonna think on the possible BOff possibilities first.

Can you imagine this bird with a universal Cmdr or Lt. Cmdr slot? ... It *IS* the class that will field the next flagship, after all.
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-28-2011, 12:21 AM
Quote:
ha, while your proposed stats wouldnt be "ridiculously imbalanced and overpowered" at al...