Lt. Commander
# 1 I see you :P
07-05-2011, 04:59 PM
I don't PvP very often, exception being with fleetmates or Kerrat. Now during Kerrat, no matter what side I'm playing (fed or kdf) I can see the cloaked ship incoming due to high aux or skills, I see them come right up to me, buff and then open fire.

Why is it that if I can 'see' them, I can't target them, unless I use skill that will decloak them? I've tried clicking on them manually, but seems to no avail.

Did I miss a mechanic on this? Or is the only way to force de-cloak with an AOE skill, ie photonic shockwave, grav well, tykens, or mines for example?

I'm not greifing that this goes on, just feel that if I worked hard to see them before they see me, I should be able to open fire without using the force de-cloak skills.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-05-2011, 05:29 PM
use faw until it gets fixed
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Use fireworks. That scares those lousy Klinks off every time
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
Use fireworks. That scares those lousy Klinks off every time
Not that helpful, though I appreciate the humor. I notice this more in my carrier, where I run high aux, a defiant or galaxy x comes alongside, but I can't mouse click, or tab select them to open fire.

I also experience this when I'm in my fed ships, a bop or raptor comes alongside, same thing can't click to fire unless they decloak or skill forces decloak.

I'd this working as intended? Or is a fix on its way?
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-05-2011, 06:33 PM
just hit your spacebar with no target selected, this should fire at the closest target. I know that I've been shot out of cloak a few times.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-05-2011, 07:01 PM
I find it odd that you are having this problem. I've never seen that happen personally. Usually if I see a target who's Cloaked/MESed I can target them and shoot at them as long as I'm quick enough. I can't say I am sure on the problem you are having though.. Maybe you have a setting wierd?
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
use faw until it gets fixed
Until the skill or ability to click on them gets fixed?
Lt. Commander
# 8 Ya
07-06-2011, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixSS View Post
I don't PvP very often, exception being with fleetmates or Kerrat. Now during Kerrat, no matter what side I'm playing (fed or kdf) I can see the cloaked ship incoming due to high aux or skills, I see them come right up to me, buff and then open fire.

Why is it that if I can 'see' them, I can't target them, unless I use skill that will decloak them? I've tried clicking on them manually, but seems to no avail.

Did I miss a mechanic on this? Or is the only way to force de-cloak with an AOE skill, ie photonic shockwave, grav well, tykens, or mines for example?

I'm not greifing that this goes on, just feel that if I worked hard to see them before they see me, I should be able to open fire without using the force de-cloak skills.
cause carriers don't have cloak.