Lt. Commander
# 1 target assist
07-07-2011, 11:47 AM
so now that target assit no longer works with heals, how much of a differnece will this make in pvp for healers? every heal (except extend it seems) needs to have a target selected or else it goes of on yourself.

thoughts? intended, accident?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-07-2011, 12:00 PM
Well, since that's how I normally play, I don't notice a difference :p

Seriously though, how did you heal with Target Assist? I realize that your heal will go to whichever friendly your target is shooting at, but what about when you need to heal yourself? F1?
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-07-2011, 12:08 PM
I have my heals set up on my f1-f4 keys to include targeting the correct teammate. of course, I'm also a crappy healer...
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Well, since that's how I normally play, I don't notice a difference :p

Seriously though, how did you heal with Target Assist? I realize that your heal will go to whichever friendly your target is shooting at, but what about when you need to heal yourself? F1?
pretty much yeah, but its the idea that it even says it assits with heals and now it doesnt
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-07-2011, 01:46 PM
I could never get accustomed to using that assist setting so I had to disable it pretty early on. Is this a fix of some sort, or a mistake?
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-07-2011, 02:33 PM
better be a mistake,, its very useful when a target comes out of cloak.. instead of manually targeting this persons target u heal "through" him to his target.. you cant really waste any seconds as a healer when those alphas hit.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I could never get accustomed to using that assist setting so I had to disable it pretty early on. Is this a fix of some sort, or a mistake?
im assuming its a bug, because the discription says it affects heals and attacks.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-07-2011, 03:16 PM
well if this was a fix it was for a issue that hasn't been mentioned in these past 1.5 years.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-08-2011, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
so now that target assit no longer works with heals, how much of a differnece will this make in pvp for healers? every heal (except extend it seems) needs to have a target selected or else it goes of on yourself.

thoughts? intended, accident?
Thats annoying, I'll often throw a heal on a friend via target assist while I'm shooting whoever is shooting them. Must admit I could use a quick way to toggle on/off target assist though, I've been killed many times because I sent a heal to a friend when I needed it. I know I could just turn target assist off but then it makes it harder to heal a friend while still shooting the main target.