Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Lt. Commander
While you're contemplating carrier (karfi) changes, please don't forget the B'rel. The B'rel's cloak especially. There's a reason you see many more hegta captains than brel captains, and that's not just because the B'rel's something extra to pay for.

Any dev response like "it's working as intended" or "we're still looking into it even after all this time" would be appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-08-2011, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
While you're contemplating carrier (karfi) changes, please don't forget the B'rel. The B'rel's cloak especially. There's a reason you see many more hegta captains than brel captains, and that's not just because the B'rel's something extra to pay for.

Any dev response like "it's working as intended" or "we're still looking into it even after all this time" would be appreciated.
The Bīrel is the LG BoP, right ? You donīt have to pay anything but a ship token for it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-08-2011, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
The Bīrel is the LG BoP, right ? You donīt have to pay anything but a ship token for it.
you get 1 free ship at Lt Gen, you pay $ or emblems for everything else.
Nobody takes the B'rel as their free ship. Cuz It's broke.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-08-2011, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
If no one takes it because itīs broke, no one pays for it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Quote:
i know for sure of only 3 pvpers that play B'rels regularly. I'm sure that there are more, but not that i ever see in an arena.
I paid good $ for The Gal X & the Excelsior, & haven't used either of them for 6 months. Because IMHO, they suck.
I won't be paying for another ship in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Quote:
I did, and it was awesome but I eventually switched to my Guramba because it's got a giant scary laser.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
I did, and it was awesome but I eventually switched to my Guramba because it's got a giant scary laser.
Yeah, i got the Gal-X because it has a B.F.G.™ , unfortunately, i only hit someone with it maybe twice a week.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Quote:
I'm sad to say I did when it was first released ... now it just collects dust in the hanger bay ... never ever again.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Quote:
I don't get your point. Do you mean to suggest that it doesn't need to be fixed because you don't "pay" for it? Also, is there something in your smilies eye? lol
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-08-2011, 06:21 PM
To clarify:

1. I get that Cryptic attempted to correct for the B'rel's "ninja healing" when it was first implemented. The B'rel could function as a silent healer, never decloaking when casting beneficial buffs to others.

2. I want cryptic to come out and state what their purpose for today's cloak is. When you heal a cloaked B'rel, it'll light them up without shields. Hazard emitters = death warrant When you heal any other cloaked ship, they stay cloaked. Sure the beam will point you to it, but unless you bump him with shockwave or cpb or sensor scan the area, he's not targetable.

3. The Hegta's the BoP of choice right now; the B'rel's got too many strikes against it for the "enhanced battlecloak"

4. This whole thing is based on pvp. You can afk / autofire in PVE space and ground and still complete regular pve missions.