Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Which should I use out of these 2?


[Antiproton Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XI [CrtD]x2 [Dmg]]
vs
[Antiproton Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XI [CrtH] [Dmg]x2]

And out of these 3?


[Antiproton Turret Mk XI [CrtH] [Dmg]x2]
vs
[Antiproton Turret Mk XI [Acc] [CrtD] [Dmg]]
vs
[Antiproton Turret Mk XI [CrtH]x2 [Dmg]]


Which of these are the best? and why? I'm trying to redo my BoP quick hit and run ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
07-09-2011, 09:05 PM
I'd go accuracy on the turrets, and damage on the cannons, AP crit big anyhow so they don't need help there. But you'd get your "base" DPS up higher.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
07-09-2011, 09:14 PM
it should also be noted that my captain has the Accurate trait that gives me +10% accuracy in space. That said should I still get the Acc one or the Dmgx2?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
07-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusig View Post
it should also be noted that my captain has the Accurate trait that gives me +10% accuracy in space. That said should I still get the Acc one or the Dmgx2?
The more accuracy the better I feel, when people run things like evasive manouvers or the subspace field modulator, you'll negate that effect far more than you would normally. A lot of powers increase "defence", and that's what accuracy counters against. I always found it a shame that DHCs didn't come with [acc] on them, I tried equiping DCs for a while but they just do not hit hard enough fast enough. I have the accuracy trait myself, but I'll always grab more where I can.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
07-11-2011, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
The more accuracy the better I feel, when people run things like evasive manouvers or the subspace field modulator, you'll negate that effect far more than you would normally. A lot of powers increase "defence", and that's what accuracy counters against. I always found it a shame that DHCs didn't come with [acc] on them, I tried equiping DCs for a while but they just do not hit hard enough fast enough. I have the accuracy trait myself, but I'll always grab more where I can.
Interesting enough there is a

[Antiproton Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XI [Acc] [CrtD] [Dmg]]

Which is what I went with. Thanks for your help and actually explaining your reasoning behind your choice. I agree and am now finished with my ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
07-11-2011, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusig View Post
Interesting enough there is a

[Antiproton Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XI [Acc] [CrtD] [Dmg]]

Which is what I went with. Thanks for your help and actually explaining your reasoning behind your choice. I agree and am now finished with my ship.
In retrospect, it may've been [ACCx2] I wanted to get and could only get on DCs.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:43 AM.