vs
[Antiproton Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XI [CrtH] [Dmg]x2]

And out of these 3?

[Antiproton Turret Mk XI [CrtH] [Dmg]x2]
vs
[Antiproton Turret Mk XI [Acc] [CrtD] [Dmg]]
vs
[Antiproton Turret Mk XI [CrtH]x2 [Dmg]]

Which of these are the best? and why? I'm trying to redo my BoP quick hit and run ship.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-09-2011, 09:05 PM
I'd go accuracy on the turrets, and damage on the cannons, AP crit big anyhow so they don't need help there. But you'd get your "base" DPS up higher.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-09-2011, 09:14 PM
it should also be noted that my captain has the Accurate trait that gives me +10% accuracy in space. That said should I still get the Acc one or the Dmgx2?
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-09-2011, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusig View Post
it should also be noted that my captain has the Accurate trait that gives me +10% accuracy in space. That said should I still get the Acc one or the Dmgx2?
The more accuracy the better I feel, when people run things like evasive manouvers or the subspace field modulator, you'll negate that effect far more than you would normally. A lot of powers increase "defence", and that's what accuracy counters against. I always found it a shame that DHCs didn't come with [acc] on them, I tried equiping DCs for a while but they just do not hit hard enough fast enough. I have the accuracy trait myself, but I'll always grab more where I can.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-11-2011, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
The more accuracy the better I feel, when people run things like evasive manouvers or the subspace field modulator, you'll negate that effect far more than you would normally. A lot of powers increase "defence", and that's what accuracy counters against. I always found it a shame that DHCs didn't come with [acc] on them, I tried equiping DCs for a while but they just do not hit hard enough fast enough. I have the accuracy trait myself, but I'll always grab more where I can.
Interesting enough there is a

[Antiproton Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XI [Acc] [CrtD] [Dmg]]

Which is what I went with. Thanks for your help and actually explaining your reasoning behind your choice. I agree and am now finished with my ship.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-11-2011, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusig View Post
Interesting enough there is a

[Antiproton Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XI [Acc] [CrtD] [Dmg]]

Which is what I went with. Thanks for your help and actually explaining your reasoning behind your choice. I agree and am now finished with my ship.
In retrospect, it may've been [ACCx2] I wanted to get and could only get on DCs.