Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Auto Teaming in PvP
07-10-2011, 09:06 AM
Why do we need auto teaming in PvP. It was fine before. Doesnít PvP mean Player versus Player, and not Team versus Team?

I finally tried Capture and Hold after the Season 4 patch. Wow auto teaming sucks. For a started. I never team. At the beginning I teamed, but people never acted as a team, I therefore saw no point teaming ever again. If you canít survive on your own you should give up now.

Another reason is I have a large ignore list. When I joined the game I was teamed with 3 people on my ignore list! Why would I want to team with people I donít like, respect or want to play with.? If you are going to force people into a team you should at least let players see who they will be playing with before the game starts.

As you might guess I didnít stay long.

I'm now calling Season 4 : Crossgamer
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
07-10-2011, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Gee
Why do we need auto teaming in PvP. It was fine before. Doesnít PvP mean Player versus Player, and not Team versus Team?
It just suggests a game mode were players compete with each other and engage each other in combat. It can be team-based, it doesn't have to be.

In Startrek Online, it is not single player vs single player. You are always put into two opposing groups. Naturally, these groups should cooperate to win.

Auto-Teaming is required particularly badly in Arena matches. If you don't team up, you are a potential liability to your side, as you are not privy to information discussed in team chat, you don't know where the other group members are, the group members don't know where you are, and it's very difficult t figure out if you need healing. And without such knowledge, a teamed up enemy is advantage. If you don't want to help others, don't want to focus fire, don't want aid of others, you are probably costing your side the win, as you die early and often (no aid from others?), and can't help killing cooperating targets.

This game doesn't have Free For All modes. Maybe it should have one, but I am sure we'd soon have "cliques" of players in such free for alls, cooperating to beat others until it's time to go against each other.

For Capture & Hold - I don't really care. I got tired and bored of it. The critical component to win there- capping - is no fun at all. But even there, teams that actually work together would be nice, because then at least capping didn't take so long. But since no one is really following the map objectives anyway, it's just a mess.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
07-10-2011, 09:55 AM
If they think forcing me into a team is going to make me work as a team player than they are sadly mistaken. In fact the opposite will be true. If Iím stuck having to team, and players are on my ignore list then I will be more likely leave the match, or will play as if Iím not in a team
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
07-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Gee
If they think forcing me into a team is going to make me work as a team player than they are sadly mistaken. In fact the opposite will be true. If Iím stuck having to team, and players are on my ignore list then I will be more likely leave the match, or will play as if Iím not in a team
Well, if you leave early, at least there is a chance that a player comes in that will join the team and work together.

If you don't want to team with people you don't like, it's time to make friends that are also interested in PvP and queue up as a team. But if you are opposed to team play entirely - a lot of people will probably be thankful if you never get put in their team and stay out o any game they might join.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
07-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Gee
If they think forcing me into a team is going to make me work as a team player than they are sadly mistaken. In fact the opposite will be true. If Iím stuck having to team, and players are on my ignore list then I will be more likely leave the match, or will play as if Iím not in a team
Simple solution, Don't Que up.
Use a private match, or play in Ker'rat
We Love Capt Kirks in Ker'rat
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
07-10-2011, 10:07 AM
You can get 20 something emblems by pveing.

Don't que up for pvp if you aren't willing to play with the teams and the big boys and girls.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
07-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
You can get 20 something emblems by pveing.

Don't que up for pvp if you aren't willing to play with the teams and the big boys and girls.
As I have already got 3000 unspent emblems , a few from PvP doesnít bother me.

Sorry just because you are in a team doesnít make you a big boy or girls. Personally I found players that team are normally lacking.

Looks like Iíll have to go back to playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 for a good PvP experience. At least there itís players skill that matters and what wins the game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
07-10-2011, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
Simple solution, Don't Que up.
Use a private match, or play in Ker'rat
We Love Capt Kirks in Ker'rat
Shhhhh you'll scare Kirk away

BTW please do queue up and act as a solo cruiser out on patrol in pvp. There's a reason klingons tend to hunt in wolfpacks, and we do love preying on lost sheep.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9 Heheh
07-13-2011, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
Simple solution, Don't Que up.
Use a private match, or play in Ker'rat
We Love Capt Kirks in Ker'rat
You can say that again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
07-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Gee
Why do we need auto teaming in PvP. It was fine before. Doesnít PvP mean Player versus Player, and not Team versus Team?

I finally tried Capture and Hold after the Season 4 patch. Wow auto teaming sucks. For a started. I never team. At the beginning I teamed, but people never acted as a team, I therefore saw no point teaming ever again. If you canít survive on your own you should give up now.

Another reason is I have a large ignore list. When I joined the game I was teamed with 3 people on my ignore list! Why would I want to team with people I donít like, respect or want to play with.? If you are going to force people into a team you should at least let players see who they will be playing with before the game starts.

As you might guess I didnít stay long.

I'm now calling Season 4 : Crossgamer
I'm confused - you say that you gave up teaming because people didn't behave like a team? So not to team with other players who happen to be in the same instance is "acting like a team"?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:13 AM.