Lt. Commander
# 1 Pulsewave
07-11-2011, 12:36 AM
The pulsewave assault rifle needs some serious looking in to. Certainly, many of the issues that shipped with season 4 need work, some of them a lot of work, but this weapon in particular is the worst culprit.

An example:
A tactical captain can walk up behind a group of 3 or more people, activate all damage buffs, and literally one shot every player within 6m of the blast. If anyone survives, they can be picked off by one shot of the primary or a melee attack. The same is true to a smaller extent with science or engineering captains, but this is highly made up for by other skills (i.e. turrets, exothermic induction field).

In addition to this, the fire rate of stun pistols make them equally as deadly. In a test match, I used a Type 2 phaser against a science captain (as a tactical captain) and stunned and phased him to death over a period of seconds. 3 primary shots take away shields. 4-5 more kill, all while the victim is stunned and cannot respond.

All I'm saying is, in addition to many other things, weapons need some serious work.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-11-2011, 01:15 AM
Don't touch my shotgun :p it has pittyful dmg on range, keep your distance !
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-11-2011, 05:39 AM
Yeah, but if I decloak next to you and unload 2 shots, you'll be dead first :p.

My point is I've done this, and I like doing it, but I personally think it's OP. Feels like easy mode.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-11-2011, 06:11 AM
Well dont cloak its not that easy without it
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-11-2011, 06:23 AM
You actually do this with a lot of the aoe secondary attacks. The minigun is brutal this way, especially against opponents that are unshielded. I've taken out entire groups, by myself. And before my BO's have even had time to react. And yes this is with a tactical toon.

Ground combat is meant to be much quicker and deadlier now.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-11-2011, 06:28 AM
It is only a small step between fast and too fast but a huge difference.

Don't get me wrong I like the new pace but most of my sci skills are useless because I'm death before I can use them (not being able to line them up doesn't help either). Maybe I just need more time to adapt and to learn the new way... ask me again in a month.